1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Death Dealer (.... more or less) wip

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by thor14, Feb 6, 2014.

1. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Hello Thor, I think this is looking great. Just an idea, but to go with the feel of the pose, have you thought about having the mouth open in a roar?
    Best wishes, Gary.
  2. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Open mouth or gritted teeth would be very cool. Love the ax. I would change the angle on the head of the ax so that its pointed more outward, it would give a better impression of it being swung. The head of the ax should be in line and at the same angle as his hands.
    b00gie likes this.
  3. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
  4. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thnak you, guys.

garyhiggins:
    JasonB:
    Thank you guys, I'm thinking to try at resculpt the face like something similar to the punisher of Ariel Olivetti.

Thanks for your suggestion on the ax, Jason. I will fix it at the end because I just have to separate and rotate the head of the ax.
  5. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    It is looking super. I am enjoying following this thread.
    Pete
  6. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank you, again, JasonB. I hope to have understood and to have correctly adjusted (....a friend on PlatoonBritannica wrote your own observation). In the meantime, I went ahead with the sculpt of the hair:

[IMG]

Thank you, pgarri27.
    Borek, Drenth, offo and 3 others like this.
  7. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    New update. Remade the face (Buscema style, this time I'm much better pleased), pin and strings to take the fur up. Finished legs and started his boots. I started the construction of the helmet separately:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Borek, forghi, Daniel.M and 10 others like this.
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb progress.(y)
  9. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
  10. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Amazing work.
  11. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Still looking good, I really like the new face.
    Best wishes, Gary.
  12. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    That face has made all the difference, much better and more dynamic, suits the pose. Great to see your work again
    Ben
  13. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank you very much, guys. Here are the latest updates: semi fluttering skirt and boots completed, I just have to add the veins, an armband on his left arm, some straps on legs and some weapon in life (sword and / or dagger):
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Borek, Daniel.M, GARRY and 3 others like this.
  14. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
  15. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank you, Carl. Here the almost finished work. Let's say it's finished at 99%, except for last minute touch-ups or second thoughts. I hope you like it:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Borek, Daniel.M, GARRY and 3 others like this.
  16. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Hi Carmine, this really is looking good, I can't work out how you do it, but your method for doing chain mail looks great!!!
    What are you going to do about the head? Have one bare headed and one helmeted?
    Best wishes, Gary.
  17. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    The mail looks stunning Carmine.
    Excellent finish.(y)
  18. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Very cool, I like it. I would consider adding some more detail to the helmet, especially something like breathing slots or the like. Maybe open the front up so that we can see his grimace. Here is a pic of my Swede Creation DD is 1/16th that my give some ideas. I like this version because it show that there is a man under the helmet. Some of the other version make him look like Darth Vader or something

[IMG]

Cheers
    Jason
    Borek likes this.
  19. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank you very much, guys.

garyhiggins:
    Thank you, Gary. For chainmail I have built a very simple tool: I took an old brush, I removed all the bristles and I left the metal ring, I sawed off half metal ring leaving a shape of a "C" inside the "C" I added a bit of a thin needle. In this mode pressing on the fresh putty, are engraved rings, you just have to switch the engravings in horizontal rows, a little "trick" is to turn the part with the grout instead of turning the tool, a way that you're sure to always carry the same pressure. At the end, with a fine needle, try to finish the job done. With this method (use of old paint brushes) can realize different sizes (just take big brushes).

JasonB:
    Thank you very much, again, for your suggestions, Jason, but I would like to do few copies of this work (50 kits) and I don't want problems associated with the works of other rights (........copyright). I have not tried to make the Frazetta's Death Dealer, but I was inspired by him, Buscema from Conan, etc. .. The clothing I "invented" inspired by the painting by Daren Bader.

Few years ago I sculpted a Frazetta Death Dealer, but he is a one of a kind sculpt:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Borek and Daniel.M like this.