"Dead Men Tell No Tales"

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    This is another project I am doing involving 5 120mm Pirates in a Diorama setting. This is the middle stage of the first pirate.

[IMG]

All comments are welcome
  2. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks good so far, Guy! Love the colors. Terrific job w/ the white shirt.

Jason
  3. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Looks pretty good to me, too. That will be a heck of a dio with 5 figures.

Would you pls share the white mix that you used here?

Keith
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the comments Jason & Keith.

Keith - The white was started with a base coat of Floquil reefer white. After the base coat dried I used reefer gray and reefer white to blend (wet) over the base color. Then I drybrushed the tops of the folds with reefer white after the blending dried.
  5. Brad S Member

Guy,

You are cranking them out! This will be on heck of dio. 5 in 120mm . WOW. I really like the white, and the pale yellow color on the pants.

Brad Spelts
  6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy, so far so good, looking forward to your next step.

Cheers

Roc. :)
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks guys. Here is the stage of putting together the major components and then comes the touch ups of joint areas if needed.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  8. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hi Guy,
    It's coming along very nice. The colors really look good. Is this a commercial figure?

Pete
  9. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Great job Guy, look forward to the next stage.

All the best

Jacek
  10. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Terrific colors Guy. Looking forward to seeing this one completed.

John
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the comments guys.
    Pete - This is a Verlinden Pirate and is one of their series of 120mm Pirates that will be together in the diorama I have started.
  12. nagashino New Member

Hi Guy

Looks really good so far. I agree with Brad - five 120mm figures will be quite an eye-catcher.

Funny how recently, pirate figures have enjoyed a resurgence. A couple of years ago it was all Gladiators (and there are still a few appearing now) - now it's pirates. Wonder if this is all movie-generated. Anyhow, they are very modellable subjects and there's plenty of licence when painting them, so I can see their attraction.

Got to see this dio complete :)

Regards

Phil
  13. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    5 120mm Figures ? Wow,that sounds AWESOME,Guy !! Will this be for Boston ? Looking forward to the completion too,my friend. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  14. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great Guy,

You gotta do four pirate's?????
    Well, good luck, i almost get the time to paint one in two months these days.
    That is gonna be a great dio i think.

Marc
  15. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks guys for the feedback. I appreciate it. The whole scene of 4 to 5 pirates will take me several months and I hope to have it finished this fall.

Unfortunetly I will not be able to attend Boston this year :(
  16. Brad S Member

Guy,

No Boston! I'm trying to decide between Boston and Tulsa this year. Even though I know of some people, You and Anders are the only ones I really know. I really want to go to Boston, but why does it have be during the time of a holiday. My wifes birthday is during that time as well as a lot of family stuff. So I'm still deciding. Keep up the great work.

Brad Spelts
  17. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Guy, is that diorama of yours going to be along the lines of the famous Howard Pyle painting ? ... "Dead men tell no tales" is one of Pyle's best !

... Which figure is going to be the captain in your scene ? You know, in the end he was the only one who still had a loaded gun !

Great project ! (y)
  18. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Brad.........I hope you get a chance to see the Expo in Boston.

Thanks Johan.........This is not from Pyles paintings but from several movies I have seen over the last few years.

Here are some new pics with new camera.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  19. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Here is the 1st pirate finished and set on a tempory base until all the pirates are finished. I will start the 2nd and 3rd pirate later this week.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

All comments are welcome
  20. Joe Hudson Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy,

He looks pretty nice. I like the pants and the leather belts.

Joe