1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Dawn of the Apocalypse - back from the dead!

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Tommys War, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    In 2017 I purchased the rights to two range of zombie/post-apocalypse figures;
    • Dawn of the Apocalypse
    • Not Yet Dead
    My aim is to take the existing figures and add additional ones to create a really exciting and fun post-apocalypse range. When considering this range I think it's worth saying that it's more Z Nation than Walking Dead, the range doesn't take itself too seriously.

To highlight the range I've created a whole new website at www.dawnota.com

You'll also find a new Facebook page here

The first of the Dawn of the Apocalypse figures are listed online, and you'll be familiar with these, they consist of both survivors and zombies in 1/24 scale;

DOTA24007 Zombie Jessica £20.00

[IMG]

DOTA24005 - Zombie Jared - £20.00

[IMG]

DOTA24003 - Survivor Krystal - £20.00

[IMG]

DOTA24004 - Survivor Ginger - £20.00

[IMG]

I've also added two more unfamiliar figures in 1/24 scale;

DOTA24006 - Zombie Nurse - £20.00

[IMG]

DOTA24008 - Zombie Boy Joe - £10.00

[IMG]

All of the 1/24 figures are priced at £20.00 each, the exception being Zombie Boy Joe who is £10 (he's quite a small figure).

DOTA 10001 - Zombie Jessica (bust) - £18.00

There is also a 1/10 scale bust of Zombie Jessica, the version shown below is painted by Roman Lappat.

[IMG]

Not Yet Dead

You may not have heard of the Not Yet Dead, they were a range of figures from a British guy living in Germany and I bought a number of the masters (with release rights) in 2017. The range is 1/35 scale and I've released the following as part of the DOTA range at www.dawnota.com;

DOTA 35001 - Brooke - £10.00

[IMG]

DOTA 35002 - Hannah - £10.00

[IMG]

DOTA35003 - Laura - £10.00

[IMG]

DOTA35004 - Rebecca - £10.00

[IMG]

DOTA35005 - Bob - £10.00

[IMG]

DOTA35006 - Jane - £10.00

[IMG]

DOTA 35008 - Alice - £10.00

[IMG]

Ozzy, Ozzy, Ozzy

But as well as figures from the two existing ranges, I'm planning on lots more new figures, starting with one which is already a firm favourite! Ozzy;

DOTA35009/DOTA24009/DOTA16001

[IMG]

Ozzy is our post-apocalyptic punk zombie, and we've printed and cast him in 3 scales;

1/35- £10.00
    1/24 - £20.00
    1/16 - £25.00

The range offers some really fun figures and great value, you'll see more in 2019 and beyond.

To see the range close-up I'm planning the big release at Salute in April 2019 which is held at the Excel Centre in London.

For more information visit www.dawnota.com and I hope you'll come along for our journey into the zombie wastelands!
    Babelfish, zane666 and gforceman like this.
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I know you're a fan of the zombie genre Darren so this seems like a logical extra string to your bow. Hope these do well for you mate. (y)

- Steve