1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

DAVID GRIEVE MODELS New release

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Roc, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Roc Active Member

United-States
    .Red Lancer

GRIEVE IS BACK IN BUSINESS.

Item: DFG-01
    DAVID GRIEVE MODELS
    150MM RESIN FIGURE
    VICE ADMIRAL HORATIO,LORD NELSON (FULL DRESS) SPECIAL FIGURE FOR LORD NELSON BICENTARY 1805-2005)
    [IMG]

Cheers
    Roc
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    This has got to be the best figure ever produced by the talented hands of Mr. Grieve. It's an instant classic for sure.~Gary
  3. Einion Well-Known Member

This looks very good although the face looks a touch too robust.

BTW, I'd advise anyone interested in it to buy early or examine the casting before purchasing.

Einion
  4. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    I got this figure sent to me by mail last week, and I can attest that it is superb, and one of David's best sculpts and his best figure kit so far (y)
    David now does his figures in a good quality light grey-green coloured resin, with only the small parts cast in white metal. I personally think this is not only an improvement over the earlier releases, but also it makes a larger scale figure like this much lighter and easier to handle when you paint it; I found the quality of the castings in my kit to be of the best quality by the way.

Highly recommended !! :)
  5. Tomas Member

Spain
    Hi David,
    Welcome to the trench..,again.Thanks Roc, for share. Very nice Horatio !!!.
  6. Einion Well-Known Member

Ah, in that case ignore what I said above everyone - I was making reference to Grieve's metal casting.

<!--QuoteBegin-Johan
    @Oct 8 2005, 05:55 PM
    I personally think this is not only an improvement over the earlier releases, but also it makes a larger scale figure like this much lighter and easier to handle when you paint it...[/quote]
    Agreed. In many ways resin for the main castings and metal for smaller pieces is ideal.

Einion
  7. nagashino New Member

Hi All

I saw this one at Euro Militaire and I can confirm that the castings David had with him were first class. The painted figure looks very impressive, though I agree with Einion, he is perhaps a little fuller in the face than we might expect. Mind you, looking at the various artistic renditions of him, no two of them are entirely alike. I guess the best known one is the William Beechey portrait, although this was done a year after Nelson died. David Grieve's version is perhaps closer to the famous likeness from the painting "The Hero of Trafalgar" by Overend (done in 1898).

Anyway you look at him, he just had to be done this year of all years, and the DFG result is very pleasing.

Phil
  8. Stefano Borin New Member

United-States
    beautifull new
    Grieve is one of my favorite sculptor
    Think about more then fifteen years ago, the wonderfull 75mm
    and what there was on commercial.
    Think how he works on each figure, I think that now with Leibivitz is the last
    of an old school who till now goes on to work.
    Do you remember Folkston of ,15, 20 years ago!!

stefano :)