1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

David Grieve 95th Rifles

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by johnbrewer, Jun 3, 2004.

1. johnbrewer New Member

Dear all, it has come to my attention that all I seem to be doing is busts. so I have decided to address this and paint up a figure. I have decided to have a go at the David Grieve 95th rifles figure. this was because I did a really bad job last time and want to get it done better. after a quick dip in paint stripper I was back to bare metal. I have attached a photo of all of the figure parts. There is also a base with tree stump that the figure has his foot up on. Quality of parts is fantastic.

Attached Files:

2. johnbrewer New Member

I have invested a bit more time in planning the painting on this and have made up a purpose made painting block to hold the figure steady. Undercoat is on and the details just pops out.

Attached Files:

3. johnbrewer New Member

The block!. I would think that anyone who does good quality woodwork will be dismayed at this. But hey it seems to work

Attached Files:

4. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    John,

I like this figure and I look forward to seeing you paint it.

Joe
  5. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    That is a fine quality figure indeed. Have you tried the others of the Waterloo series as well? They're now cast in superb quality resin, with white metal arms and accessories, they are among the best figure kits around.
  6. johnbrewer New Member

Hi Johan, I am working my way very sloely through the David Grieve series. As you said thay are all excellent figures and are well worth a look at.
  7. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thats a gorgeous figure John! I like the "worn" look to the shako.

Can't wait to see him painted!
  8. johnbrewer New Member

Sorry for the delay on this, busy at work, at home and doing a couple of busts for another projrct. I will be getting back on this one soon.