1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

David Grieve 150mm Sergeant 15th Hussars 1805 -08

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by MCPWilk, Apr 8, 2010.

1. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This figure appeared at Euromilitaire the year after Nelson. Even with spectacles, my eyesight isn't what it was, and I appreciate the larger scales of 120mm and 150mm, though still paint 75mm and 90mm figures as well. This figure didn't do it for me at first, principally because of the tall busby. I had intended to convert it into another regiment with different headgear. I am glad I persisted, because it was David's last figure, now produced by Hawk Miniatures (www.hawkminiatures.co.uk).

I would love to see some more figures in this scale, 24th Foot 1879, or a sailor perhaps, etc. I suppose we will have to wait and hope.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Happy Painting,

Mike
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Another good clean paint job Mike.
    Carl.
  3. Hawk_Uk PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mike,

I am glad you persisted with this piece as it has turn out very nice, I like the addition of the round base it sets this superb figure off just nicely.

I will have a few of these kits on the stand at Euro for those wishing to have a closer look at this kit.