1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Dating ads barrage

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Babelfish, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Why am I constantly seeing "Meet Ukrainian Women Online" ads when I log onto pF on my mobile?

Is this a modelling site or a dating site?? I know ads pay for the site upkeep etc. but can't we block these? Can't ads be more targeted? Or do we just have to put up with any old crap that floats in on the ether?

And No I haven't been looking for them elsewhere so it can't be a cookies issue (before any "comedians" chime in with predictable jokes). It's very annoying, even though the women are undeniably hot-looking by any metric.

- Steve
  2. Ferris A Fixture

Too bad you’re not allowing jokes Steve. I could have made several, but will respect your wishes... :)

Seriously, the ads are selected by an automated negotiation (through an algorithm). No idea why this tends to give you that particular add. I am shown ‘kinetic art’ these days.
    All the best and don’t click the wrong button....

Adrian
    theBaron likes this.
  3. Banjer A Fixture

England
    I use adblocker on my pc but don't know if it is available for phones. The only ads I see are "built in" to pages like pinterest.

Bill
    Mirofsoft and theBaron like this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Steve

Not sure if your a PF supporter but that should block out the adverts , not sure if they can be targeted

Will get hold of Pawel ref this

Nap
    theBaron and Babelfish like this.
  5. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I don't know either Bill. I have AdBlocker on my PC, which seems to work. But not on my phone.

- Steve
  6. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    At my age Steve they would be regarded as a compliment.
    Babelfish likes this.
  7. pwadm Administrator

Canada
    As Ferris mentioned it is an algorithm. Do you see those ads on PF only or do they follow you on the web?
    theBaron likes this.
  8. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    pF only.

- Steve
  9. pwadm Administrator

Canada
    Babelfish likes this.