1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

d'Artagnan

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by homellop, Mar 17, 2004.

1. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi folks
    I'm started Andrea's d'Artagnan.
    Hope you like it
    cheers

Attached Files:

2. homellop Active Member

Spain

Attached Files:

3. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Is there any hope for us mere mortals?

It looks terrific Jaume

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Are you still using the same colors for a base as you were in your article on painting faces that is on line? I have to be honest. I saw your flesh tones a couple of years ago and said, "Man I have to try those colors". What I ended up with was a face that looked like a stop sign. Would it be possible to get an updated version with more emphasis on the shot by shot? For instance, what proportions of each color do you use (approx.).

Again, terrific looking figure, Jim
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I agree with Jim, Looks Fantastic.(tell me there is hope)

guy
  5. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Alot of character!
  6. y_wong New Member

Dear Jaume,

What can I say other that you doing a fantastic job. It's so life-like. In addition, you are prolific.

I have a request. Can you show us a completed vignette as I am longing to see one especially from you.

regards
  7. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Jaume!

Your figures never seam to quit amazing me. You are definately one of the best, and this one is no exception. Keep it up!
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jaume, Just amazing. That has got to be one of the most realistic fleashtones I've ever seen. What is the mix for that?~Gary
  9. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Fantastic work,Jaume ;I agree with the rest,your flesh tones are EXTREMELY realistic ! What's the mix again Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  10. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Wow wonderfull work

Robin
  11. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    In the words of Montgomery Burns: -Excellent..............

Jaume, you must write an article or a book explaining your painting style, youre one of the best Ive ever seen.
  12. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    Wow
    I cant find any words.
    wouhhhh.
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    What a beuatiful, lifelike skintone's.
    Everyday I come to the PF site, and everyday somebody makes it better.
    Tel us Jaume how we got to do it.
    (y)
    Marc
  14. Franco Active Member

Australia
    Dear Jaume,

Outstanding - can hardly wait for the rest of the figure. I agree with all the previous postings - SBS would be great - especially for the face.

Cheers
    Franco
  15. Erikvb New Member

Jaume I like your paining style a lot !!!!!
    great figure so far!! Excellent choice of colors on the face!!

Hope to see more soon!! (y) (y)

Erik
  16. jitch0t Member

Spain
    I have a pic of this fig he showed me, a step before this final shots. I don't know if i can post it, Jaume. I want them to see it

I guess the mix is quite easy and i'm trying it myself buy well... let's forget about it . You can find it in the post of the 90 mm fig. Here it is:

Base color: Sand Brown
    Lights: Basic Skintone
    Shadows: Burnt Cadmium Red

And as always...
  17. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Jaume

That is just magnificent. (y)

So realistic. You've outdone yourself!!

Rob
  18. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Jaume,

like all the rest here I'm again amazed by what you can accomplish. There's only one thing I would love to see: the shadow of the hat falling on the figure's face (forehead?). Then it would be more then perfect!!!

Greetz,

Gino

Sorry for the nitpicking, but I've found that it's other peoples nitpicking that helps me the most. I hope you won't be mad for this? It's only meant as constructive help.
  19. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi Folks.
    Thank you very much for your comments.
    As Dani said,I usually use the same colours to paint skintones.I'm experimenting mixing them with black,blue and green to get different shades.
    I'll start a sbs tread to clarify my method on painting faces.

Gino.Special effects like deep shadows produced by the hat are always hard to understand if you're watching the figure under a general light.I think those effects are more on the fantasy side than the "reality" side.I've tried to do similar things in other figures and results were quite disappointing.May be I'm not so good painter. :(
    What do you think about it boys?(about effects,not me )
    Anyway I apreciate your nitpicking my friend.As you say,constructive comments and criticisms make us better painters.

Best regards

jaume
  20. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jaume

Look forward to an SBS

I agree with you on the special effects under normal light. There's a trend amongst fantasy mini painters to do "non-metalic-metal" or NMM, or painting metals in greys rather than metallics. looks good in a photo, but it is a 2D effect that doesn't translate well to seeing the figure in the round.

Rob