1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Darkness update

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mongo Mel, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hi,
    I got all of the sanding done and the primer coat on so I shot the base coat on today. It's Model Master Chrysler Red enamel. I did the horns only to finish off the paint in the airbrush cup.

Attached Files:

2. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    And a side shot to show off those horns....
    This thing is huge and very heavy. Both hands were numb after painting. The left from holding him up for so long and the right from pressing the trigger on the airbrush

I undercoated because red oil paint tends to be a bit transparent. I'm thinking of doing some of the shadows with the airbrush too. Still haven't decided on that yet as well as the idea of adding some black "squiggles" on the skin to break it up. If I do, I'll most definitely try one suggestion that I got. That was to do a finish coat or Tamiya transparent red.
    Oh, and the base is freshly stripped in these pictures. It was black. What I think I'm going to do is spray it with that craft paint that will make it look like stone. Still black though.
    Anyway, I'd like to hear what you think of it so far.
    Thanks,
    Craig

Attached Files:

3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Craig, WOW! Those horns look huge, what a bust.~Gary
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Very nice, you did a good job.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc.
  5. Cicero New Member

Albania
    I wouldn't invite this boy for dinner, Craig! Can't wait how this project will turn out, because it already looks very impressive.

Johan ;)
  6. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    Impressive and Huge !!!

Looks like Tim Curry in Legend. Is he?

JP
  7. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hello al,
    Thanks for the comments.
    Yes JP, it is a bust of the im Curry character from the movie Legend.

I picked up some of that paint I mentioned today. They didn't have black but I founs a good dark grey to use. I'm curious to se just how well it works.
    I had another thought that I want to explore. I was thinking of placing this in box open only on the front. And then to light it up from the bottom like we did as kids with a flashlight under our chin. Might help make him look even spookier.
    What do you think?
    Craig