1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Darkness bust - Finally done

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mongo Mel, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hi,
    Well, I've finally finished something! :)
    It's the very large scale bust of the character "Darkness" from the Tom Cruise movie "Legend". Sorry but I can't remember who makes it but I should be able to check it out tonight. There was a great article on this piece in Amazing Figure Modeler magazine a while back that should have it.
    With the base this thing is over 12" tall and it weighs a ton! With those huge horns it needed a heavy base just to keep it from tipping over.
    Here are a couple of pictures...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Hope you like him. My wife hates it!!!
    Craig

Edit:
    I've made a new faceplate using a different font and border. I think this one looks a lot better than the original one I made.
    Craig
  2. Cicero New Member

Albania
    This lad surely won't win a beauty contest, and it's not a piece that 'normal people' would exhibit in their living room :lol: .
    Apart from that great work. You rendered the eyes very well.

Johan ;)
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Craig.

I can understand the wife's sentiments........mine would not appreciate it either.
  4. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Great painting my friend ! I like this moovie too !

All the best !

Jacek
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Funnily enough mine didn't appreciate it either. ;)
    But I think it's very well painted :)

Roger.
  6. mvonb Member

Excellent job on the fleshtones there, the mother in law must be proud you captured such a good likeness.
  7. Excatlon Active Member

Poland
    Great painting job like a movie
  8. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Another great piece, Craig. The eyes are especially good. Will this piece be at MFCA?
  9. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hi guys,
    Thanks to you all for taking the time to post your comments. I appreciate all the kind things you've said (even the shot at my mother-in-law :lol: )
    One suggestion I got from a guy on ArmormaA was to redo the face plate. Maybe do it in reverse (light letters and dark background). I'm not too thrilled with what you see here so I'm going to take a shot at doing that.

Pat,
    Yeah, he'll be making the trip out. That was one of my goals, to get him finished in time for MFCA. Him and Jacek's Hartmann bust. Looking good for that one as well.

Thanks again,
    Craig
  10. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Holy moly.... you scared the sh............... out of me. That's one mean looking character. Gonna have bad dreams tonight. :lol: Fantastically rendered Craig

Stephen Mallia
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Craig,

As i said in the early posting of this figure. The painting you are doing is tremendous. The eyes are so "real". Great work.
    And what the wife concerns, she got to look the otherway. :lol: :lol: It disserves a prominent place in your display case .

Marc
  12. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Craig,
    good stuff! A fun piece for sure. The eyes are great!

Just as an FYI, it's manufactured by a company called Geometric Designs. They have a great line of "movie" inspired busts and figures. I have one of the 1/4 scale busts and several of the Micro-Mania kits. Fun stuff for sure!

Geometric Designs

Hey staff-ish people, you should add this link to the manufacturers link list. Just a thought.

Jay H.
    OKC
  13. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Craig, Nice job. I'm sure since the wife is so fond of it you'll be displaying it accordingly. :) ~Gary
  14. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    REALLY COOL,Craig (y) (y) !!!! WELL DONE !!!
    Kenneth.
  15. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    WOW Craig
    Compliment
    a Beautiful Job Paint..........
    ...demonic :lol:

MAB
  16. arthur Member

Canada
    Craig,
    Great to see it completed.
    Very nice overall paintjob on this "monster" ;) of a kit
    You captured the eyes really well,...they have that evil look to them.
    Cheers,
    A.