1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Dark World Creations Presents Durham Red in 70mm from 2000AD comics in 70mm

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Dark World Creations, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Dark World Creations Active Member

HI Guys here is our new release Durham Red in 70mm!

[IMG]

Hope you like and thanks
    Aaron (Rin)
  2. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Well I'm dubitative, it looks like a Mokarex, perhaps it's the colour, plastic grey... Good looking...
    And all the metal here and there, she must be in pain.. and beware if it get rusty ;)
    And as they usualy forget : http://www.darkworldcreations.com/
    resin
  3. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic stuff.
    Childhood memories come flooding back.
  4. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ooooo!

I'll be buying her!!!

Lovely!
  5. Captain Lol A Fixture

Belgium
  6. Augie Active Member

United-States
    GREAT stuff! Very much looking forward to this one!!

Augie
  7. outrunthedogs Member

United-States
  8. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A great figure and going to be very popular. Lovely sculpt, probably your best yet in terms of detail.

When are we going to get Johnny Alpha? ;)
  9. brassnautilus New Member

david richardson's sculpts would be good for 38mm or 50mm but not 200mm. The lacking of details and/or texture made surfaces difficult to paint, especially with the amount of bare skin in his designs.

Plus side being you'd be able to print this out rather easily, doesn't require the best printer or caster to get it into a decent product.

just me 2 cents.
  10. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom

I've seen Dave Richardson's work (the quote above doesn't make it clear, but Dave digitally sculpted the Durham Red figure, plus the other 2000AD figures in this series) and it's top-draw. I know Aaron (who runs DWC) and also know that he uses a very highly regarded 3D printer and a very well known caster with an excellent reputation.

Whether you think he could transfer this to larger scales is somewhat irrelevant in the context of this 70mm figure. Also, I'm not sure why you felt the need to quote Dave's rate for sculpting (surely that's something between you and him?).

If you've an axe to grind, speak to Dave directly. This thread is for the launch of a new figure, your personal grievance is between you and the sculptor.

A bit of sour grapes I think.
  11. brassnautilus New Member

Not at all. The producer, not the sculptor was responsible for conceptualizing the model and choosing the scale.
    Things can look very good in one size, and not work at all in another.

there, I edited the post:D
  12. Dark World Creations Active Member

Hi Guys thanks for the comments
    Many thanks
    Aaron (Rin)
  13. Jazz A Fixture

England
    A nice figure. I don't remember this from the comics but I only read 2000 AD for a couple of years in the early 80s. Don't know if any have been produced but I would like to see Judge Dredd and Johnny Alpha in this scale.
  14. Dark World Creations Active Member

Hi Jazz
    We have produced a Judge Dredd in 70mm and 35mm.
    Please check out www.darkworldcreations.com

You can also follow us on google+ and facebook again under Dark World Creations
    Many thanks
    Rin