1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

DARK HORSE Alien³ Creature 1:6

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Frank-Holger, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Frank-Holger Member

OK, Guys, here is the Alien³ Creature from Dark Horse witch will fit to my Junkyard Base. I want to know what you think, really, because I for myself are NOT satisfied with the paintjob. That depends on the ground colour witch is too much orange in my eys. I wanted to make a fleshtone appearance, but that has gone wrong. So I have decided to stop the paintwork. The Beast lies now for a while waiting for what is happening, just like me.

For the creature itself, I have resculpted the stomach area and done some add on detailing at the head. The given tongue was removed, I sculpted a toungue inside the mouth. The detail painting at head and stomach seems ok for now in general, but the overall look is not what I was looking for.

OK, here are the pics:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

That´s for it.

Frank
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Frank,
    I have to agree with you. The figure is well sculpted for sure, but the paint is just not ominous enough. I think if he had some much more stark contrasts and maybe was in some darker colors he would be more intimidating looking. Does that make sense? I also really like the "big brain pan" on these guys when they are dark and shiny. I think the look of some glossy areas helps them look gooey and spookier. I know you'll come up with something! Keep us posted. I wanna see this guy on the base!

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. Frank-Holger Member

Yep, Jay, that is very helpfull! The problem is, I have the pic how he should look "in mind" but coudn´t figure out to make this on the figure. I will definitly repaint the Alien, with more contrasts and even bicoloured (the dome will go black, I have to try this!).

And he will get the glossy treatment, that´s for sure!

Frank
  4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    I think the alien looks best in HIS original colors. I'm sure there may be some other schemes that would work but you can't lose with his original coloring.~Gary
  5. Calvin Member

Hey Frank, I think you are right about painting, it looks too flat and dull. You might try using some dark brown and yellow highlights, the blending of the two will give you the orange look.
    Take a look at the Alien section of the Clubhouse's Model Museum, the renditions of Atle Eriksen and Phillip Sera, to get an idea about what I mean. Most of the final effect is due to the gloss finish.
  6. Frank-Holger Member

Yeah, thanks guys, that is the help I need to make it even better. He will definitly be repainted and we will see then how it looks.

Gary, yes, the original colour is a good choise, and I will try to use them!

Luca, the Clubhouse is a real fundus for stuff like that!!

Frnak :)