1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Dark elf corsair champion bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Nakatan, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Nakatan Active Member

Russian-Federation
    As you may remember, with this http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/goodbye-blue-sky-dying-light.77087/
    miniature i said my personal farewell to the world of Warhammer Fantasy Battles. But i also said that before old-good FB will disappear in a depth of oblivion, i will take you to the every corner of its world with those busts of mine.
    So, next stop is Naggaroth.
    The base for this conversion was a classic out-of-print 1/9 Pegaso Elf Huntress bust. If you ask me, i will say that this bust is not the best out there – it has anime-ish face proportions, it has horribly sculpted fur coat, covering 50% of the model, it has strangely shaped ears (more half-elf like). The last, THIS IS AN ELF WITH THE AXE 0____0.
    But she was perfectly suited for my project.
    The dark Elf Corsairs champions actually was equipped with axes. Well, they are pirates, after all, and the pirates like the axes. I went on a long journey through the google to find that oldschool metal chap:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    So, I launched my DE corsair bust project.The face was resculpted totally. Do not know, if she will be a real beautie, but at least i can take some pics, showing her face from the front side. I added some length to her ears, and now into restyling her equipment in a sea-related style.The sea dragon cloak texture was done with the foil stump you can see on the first pic. If you will have some questions - ask them!

Best regards, Ivan.
    You can see the article about my sculpting tips on my Patreon account.
    I will be grateful for your Patreon support https://www.patreon.com/user?u=401971&ty=h&u=401971 .
    ASTRA, gforceman and Oda like this.
  2. Nakatan Active Member

Russian-Federation
    As you can see, i did some progress on sea dragon cloak, and added some dark-elvish feel to armor with micro-beads. Oh, that`s just so cool thing! Fixed some casting flaws, too. Don`t know, the man on ebay, who sold me that gal, said that it is original Pegaso cast, but if it is true, shame on you, Pegaso! That bust was a one big flaw, when i started to convert it.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    phil_h, ASTRA, gforceman and 6 others like this.
  3. CBDesign Active Member

Germany
    Very nice idea..love to see more of it.
    Have fun,
    Chris
    Oda likes this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Nice work ,

Like the way the hair has been done , good details on the cape and armour

Following with interest

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  5. Oda A Fixture

The only thing that makes me sad is to think what your immense talent could have produced if you were into historical miniatures.Nevertheless talent is talent and you are well endowed with it.Excellent work.

Oda.
    Scotty likes this.
  6. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    I really like what you are doing here, and thanks for the link to your sculpting page there are some good tips on there.
    Scotty.
  7. Nakatan Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Thanks for your interest, people. Please note, that this is a conversion. Rather heavy, i guess, but that`s it. I`ve got a pair of girls that were sculpted by me totally, but they are too raw to show them.
    best regards, Ivan.
    Scotty likes this.
  8. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ohhhh this is soooooo good.

I would love to paint her!

Terrific stuff.

Paul.
  9. Dekiman Well-Known Member

Beautiful work.
    Especialy like Cold one skin cloak.
    One notice if I may:her face is to "good".Dark Elf are murderous,treacherous and cruel beings.I would make changes to her face to represent cold and cruel Dark Elf.I dont have a skill but you have it.
  10. Nakatan Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Thanks. i`m planning to add the `evil` feel with painting.
  11. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    Yeah, as others have said, this is looking fantastic - can't wait to see further progress (y)
    Phil
  12. Nakatan Active Member

Russian-Federation
  13. Dekiman Well-Known Member

Every time I look I see a new detail.
    Masterwork.
    How you made a scale armor on her breasts?
  14. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

Wow, ambicious project here. I like what i see. A question. How do you make the squames of the brest? Some tool to push it and give the form one by one?
  15. Nakatan Active Member

Russian-Federation
    thanks. the squames were done by the №1 tool (you can see my tools on my Patreon page), each row was formed separately.
  16. Nakatan Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Actually, i almost finished painting her... But if you want to see the greens, well, you can.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    peedee and TD2802 like this.
  17. Nakatan Active Member

Russian-Federation
    As i`m waiting for a wooden base for that dark elf girl, i can show you a small teaser here
    [IMG]
    Also, i will post a small step-by step, regarding coloured NMM painting on my Patreon account.
    [IMG]
    Best regards, Ivan
  18. Dekiman Well-Known Member

We want all!!!;)
    peedee likes this.
  19. Nakatan Active Member

Russian-Federation
    peedee likes this.