1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Darius Miniatures Hetzer Wedgie/Alpine

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Carlos69, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Hi, This is my other current work in progress it is Darius Miniatures Hetzer wedgie.

It is a superb little piece cast in one chunk a resin ! and totally flawless with hardly any clean up ! I have every one nearly in the collection as they are so nice !

The panzer guy is by Alpine again which is superb and up there with my favourite figure sculpts in this 1/35th scale,I wanted a real grumpy fead up look to him to match his stance,so a head from Hornet was found with a great expression.... the hetzer is waiting to be towed out due to breakdown or just plain old stuck ! this guy isnt happy :(

Again still much to do before primer,such as foot prints added to the mud and tow shackle and tow rope....

I am also awaiting a fine base from Oakwood Studios.

Any critique or comment most welcome.

Many thanks

Carlos wip 2666.jpg

wip 2669.jpg

wip 2671.jpg
  2. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    I have altered the groundwork to accept the figure with Magic Sculpt and this is where I am at now... wip 2694.jpg

wip 2695.jpg

wip 2699.jpg
  3. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    I also cut down the barrel as it ran off the base line and looked odd...

Here are a couple of reference images I am using so you can see where I am heading.

I like the idea of an Ardennes timeline,and the ambush camo scheme.

Comments welcome

Thx Carl

Hetzer_15.jpg

Hetzer_44.jpg
    gforceman and sam b like this.
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Another nice idea Carl.
    Following!
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    The makings of another cracker Carl. I enjoyed your Mil Mod article by the way.
    Carl.
  6. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Thanks for looking in Pedro ! (y)
    Hi Carl,thanks buddy ! I havent seen the mag yet,glad you liked the article though :) there looks to be some great work in there...

Carl
  7. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Nice start. Can you show a pic of the figure from a
    level angle? The head might be mounted slightly too high
    off the shoulders...
  8. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Thanks for taking a look Taesung,Really appreciate it (y)

I think his head does look a little high in the images so have taken another for you to look at...in the flesh it has made me think,easy to fix at this stage though.

Let me know your thoughts :p

Do you think we could have a german winter panzer crew,maybe talkin down to grenadiers on the ground .... and pointing pleaseeeee !! all winterised up for eastern front duty ;)

Many thanks

Carl wip 2746.jpg
  9. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Also had this lovely base turn up made from Yew and hand polished by Richard at Oakwood Studios who is trading again glad to hear :) wip 2745.jpg

wip 2749.jpg
    kaz6120 likes this.
  10. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Look forward to seeing this painted Carl.

Cheers David
  11. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Great to see you have a look David,many thanks.

Carl
  12. noisepop New Member

United-Kingdom
    Glad to hear the oakwood studio reopened!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Its good news about Oakwood Studios yes ! :)

I have too Taesungs advice after re looking at the figure and lowered the head as it did seem a long way off the shoulders... at the same time I added a throat mic and cableing and beefed up the scarf with magic sculpt.

wip 2761.jpg

wip 2762.jpg

wip 2765.jpg
    Krisztián Bódi likes this.
  14. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    I still have to add a little more Magic Sculpt under his chin next to the throat mic'where the cable would attach... and smooth it all out a bit.

Do you think I should also give him the headset earphones either in his hand or half cock on his head ? I think it would look cool but not sure if in real life they would of left them plugged in and just threw them off ?

Mmmm...

Comments most welcome

Many thanks

Carlos
  15. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I love your attention to detail Carl, not sure about the headphones. I'm guessing they would have just been thrown off, very much like ear defenders are now.
    Carl.
  16. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Thanks Carl,I think your right buddy... I may just place them on top of the Hetzer in the direction of the hatch : )

Carl
  17. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I would imagine him having a tantrum, for getting bogged in anyway. I think having headphones on would just be irritating him a bit more.
    Carl.
  18. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Can't wait to see this painted, the scene looks great and your current work is really improving it further.

Thanks
    Dave
  19. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Carl if hes anything like me pal he would do : )

Dave,thanks alot for your comments really appreciated : )

Carlos
  20. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Carlos looking good buddy, I like the idea behind this one and looking forward to seeing the painting of the figure.

Steve