1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique DARGAI BATTLE 1897- CAPTAIN 1/54

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MAXIMO, Sep 16, 2018.

1. MAXIMO Active Member

Venezuela
    CIMG5853.JPG COS 1.jpg CIMG5859.JPG CON 2.jpg CIMG5864.JPG CIMG5841.JPG CIMG5853.JPG CIMG5842.JPG CIMG5843.JPG CIMG5844.JPG CIMG5849.JPG

Hi guys

This 1:54 creation of a Captain 2nd Batallion Sutherland Highlanders Officer, at the Dargai battle in a new campaign against Malakand, that started in 1852.

Using some modified spare parts, I sculpted with putty all the uniform details, I also modified the arms and head .I did hand made the hands and all accessories like: the sporran, the helmet kilt, belts, the bag and sword .

I painted all with acrylic.

I’ll appreciate and welcome all yours comments
    CIMG5853.JPG View attachment 321993
    Joe55, Tom W., Martin64 and 3 others like this.
  2. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    Fantastic work, you've done a great job sculpting the sporran and extra kit. If you are doing a name plate for it, the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders weren't at the battle of Dargai, they did wear this uniform on the North West frontier though.
    Excellent work, best wishes.
    Scotty.
  3. MAXIMO Active Member

Venezuela
    Thanks Scotty for the kinds words . Attually I used the uniform information from this plate I find in the net about the campain, but you may be right about Dargai.
    Best regards
    Adriano
  4. Dufour Active Member

France
    I like it!,,
  5. MAXIMO Active Member

Venezuela
    Thank you Doufor
    Regards
  6. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Excellent work and nice painting

Mobo