1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!
  2. Submissions for October Figure of the Month (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM October

Dante

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Normo, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hail Planeteers
    Just finished this today, caused me a lot of problems, not I must say with the casting as it is superb, but with my painting!
    Had to strip him down 3 times as the "Quality control" in the house (The Wife!) didnt like him!

A Figuralia bust that is a joy to see in its raw state and cries out for painting (In my case 3 times!)

Painted in oil over acyrilics and yes I had intended him to have a satin finish to represent the silks of the time
    Fire away chaps!
    Cheers

John
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Great job John !! I painted it too but I made it a bronze bust.
    I really love your marble.
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    John,
    over all I think he turned out quite nicely. But that marble on the base is really cool!

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. Calvin Member

Well, you are not alone..., I usually strip every piece I paint at least 2 times to overcome the 'now throwing through the window' feeling...

As I already told you it is nice to see this little brought to life once again, your rendition is now on line here.
  5. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nice John!!!
    keep up
    christos
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work John. Love the pedestal done in marble too.