1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique "Dangerous Beauty", Sana from whitewolf miniatures

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by franck edet, Jun 2, 2017.

1. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    hello friends, i call this one finished, i surely could have push more on the contrasts on her skin but i was really afraid of overdoing this and to finish with a face too "male-ish" ...
    the scroll reads "Dangerous Beauty". The bonsai tree is made with a root from the garden, lichens for branches, shredded natural moss for the foliage, treated with glycerine and mixed with pva to obtain the volumes. The pot is actually a lego block, and the moss at the foot of the trunk is milliput.

as usual all your comments bad or good are more than welcome !

sa03.jpg sa04.jpg sa05.jpg sa06.jpg sa07.jpg
  2. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    Painting wise, everything looks good. She looks a little too pale but it could be the photos. Its a fantasy piece so you could achieve any effect you want really. Composition wise, the bonsai looks out of place. With it hanging off to the front, askew, it does not compliment the bust. Keep the ideas coming though.

Bob
  3. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Well done , looks great
  4. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    thank you very much for your comments friends :)
    Tomifune : yes she is on the pale side as i wanted her to have like a faded geisha white make-up, it's more evident in real than on my crappy pictures as the effect was really hard to photograph.
  5. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Nice idea with the tree.
    Cheers
    John
  6. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    thank you John ... :)
  7. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    So another Sana is ready. Another color scheme but it is nice to compare them. Don´t know at the moment if the bonsai works, I must agree with Bob