1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Dance of Death (again)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by kevin, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Nap Moderator

England

I'm not.....miffed !

Hope this gets sorted Chezzie

Nap
    Huw63 likes this.
  2. mick3272 A Fixture

Every cloud has a silver lining.

What you dont spend on transport & hotel rooms.

You can spend on busts.

Mick
    OldTaff, peedee, Huw63 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Huw63 A Fixture

Another sad entry concerning Dance of Death and Ellie's. Sorry Chessie on this one.

The whole Dance of Death project was very badly handled and should Ellie's survive and in future release something of interest I will break my rules and buy a recast copy as it's a firm and proprietor I will not deal with again. Had I know past stories I wouldn't have backed the project. That the website is still taking orders for anything beggars belief as Ellies seems not to be trading.

If you get issues with Paypal Chessie, Leeds' Trading Standards will be interested, especially as I believe the proprietor is an employee of Leeds City Council. Then of course there's the small claims court and possibly a word with the local constabulary as accepting orders and not delivering isn't simply a matter of poor project management (as I believe was the case in the D. of D. fiasco) but could be construed as obtaining money under false pretences if I recall correctly from my long ago legal training, and a defence of failure of suppliers to deliver would, of course, hold no water as if that's the case it is reasonable to expect a suspension of sales.

Cheers

Huw
    Tommi, peedee, Martin64 and 3 others like this.
  4. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    A really horrendous situation with no winners apart from Tommi and his much better half :D who have behaved with dignity throughout.
    Anyway in the past I&E Miniatures used to do some good stuff. One I always regret not getting was the Venetian Arquebusier.
    https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/arquebusier-with-pavise-i-e-miniatures-75mm.65618/
    I know that the master was sold on but has never been re-released. If anyone knows who has it try to encourage them to release it (y) I honestly believe it will sell.
    Sorry to digress from the well deserved arse kicking Ian is receiving.
    Derek
    Babelfish, Tommi, OldTaff and 4 others like this.
  5. Chezzie Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I’ve now reported to PayPal. There are lots of ways to resolve this but I shall remain calm. However, let’s see what happens. If I send an email I do expect a response if just a polite reason. Do not take mine or anyone else’s money with the intention of not delivering ......it is a criminal offence.
    OldTaff, peedee, Nap and 1 other person like this.
  6. Huw63 A Fixture

I hope PayPal resolve the issue for you.

The lack of communication was the first warning sign in the DoD project - of 35 backers some were getting mail others not. As Martin can testify even when there were mails about the delivery etc. these often contained excuses as to why delivery hadn’t been made, the best of which was the birth of his granddaughter which was sent some time (weeks not days) before the Facebook announcement of the birth which I found very shoddy unless his daughter is an evolutionary step ahead of us.

Also worth checking are his pictures in Facebook. While DoD was delayed he was posting pictures of the bedroom for his granddaughter with lots of nice new stuff. Equally there was a picture of a new wooden patio posted but I can’t swear it was his.

I only joined Facebook in July last year, sometime after I received DoD and the same person wanted me to be a friend with him on Facebook. I found that funny but a reflection of his horrendous attitude to customers. I won’t touch Ellie’s or any business created by Ian Burton ever again.

Good luck to you
    Tommi, Martin64, Chezzie and 3 others like this.
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Chez

Like all hope this is resolved quickly and to your full satisfaction

In this hobby as in life there are things that don't go right but with communication and quality service from companies it's resolved ....except it is evident with Ellies ...

A shining example is Hugo from RP models and of course there are others , SK, El Greco comes to mind in the UK

Nap
    Tommi, Redcap, Martin64 and 3 others like this.
  8. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hey Chezzie, I had a sort through some boxes and found one. Its one of the sub masters so will be good quality.

Come see me on S.K Stand and I will hand it over mate.

Cheers
    Tommi
    officer.jpg
    billyturnip, Helm, Martin64 and 5 others like this.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Top stuff there Tommi

Chezzie will be delighted

Nap
    peedee, Tommi and Huw63 like this.
  10. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm Chezzie.....if I get there first :) :):)
    1969, Helm and Tommi like this.
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    NO !!! I'M CHEZZIE

Nap
    Helm, Tommi and peedee like this.
  12. Chezzie Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks so much Tommi mate that’s very very kind!!
    Tommi, Nap and peedee like this.
  13. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Chezzie, I've included this figure on my Waterloo diorama, which you can see on PF stand at EME this weekend. It's a nice figure, and I'm sure you'll enjoy doing it.(y)

Alan
    peedee, Nap and Tommi like this.
  14. Chezzie Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Alan! Look forward to it. Out of interest did you buy that one a while ago off Ellies
    peedee and Nap like this.
  15. Chezzie Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    peedee and Nap like this.
  16. Helm A Fixture

England
    I'm Chezzie and so is my wife!
    Steve
  17. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Yes,.....a good while ago, when Ellie's was still exchanging goods for money ! Unlike now, as many have discovered to their cost :mad:

Alan
    Huw63, peedee and Nap like this.
  18. Chezzie Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    It’s straightforward deception and a criminal offence
    OldTaff, peedee and Nap like this.
  19. Chezzie Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thankyou to all of you who showed concern re my transaction with Ellie’s Miniatures.

Thankyou to Tommi as well for supplying me with the figure I was after. You shouldn’t have had to, but it is greatly appreciated.

PayPal have reported that they can’t contact him either and have refunded my £32. So whilst that’s good it’s extremely disappointing to have this happen in our close knit community.
    Huw63, Tommi, Redcap and 4 others like this.
  20. Banjer A Fixture

England
    This hobby seems to attract both ends of spectrum with makers and suppliers. Excellent and a--- holes. However there are more good traders than bad.

Particularly difficult for the likes of Chezzie who are trying to earn a crust from it.

Bill
    Nap, Huw63 and Tommi like this.