1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Dana Scully

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by FigureLover, Jun 20, 2010.

1. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi all,
    I had posted this WIP elsewhere on Planetfigure but though I would start a new one to show my progress. As I said earlier this is a commission for a friend and I need to finish it in just over a weeks time. In the last post I had laid down the flesh colours and done the eyes (first pic), but weren't happy as the eyes wre too dark, so I repainted and detailed them some more. I have also added the overlaying section of hair, which needed a lot of filler. After I finish blending in the filler, I will remove the latex mask.
    Ben

Attached Files:

2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Ben,

Lovely flesh tones and the eyes look perfect.
  3. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    In these photos, you can see that the filler on the hair has been blended in, and I have removed the masking. The hair has then been painted up to try and match her red locks. I am fairly happy with the hair and may not try and add more shadows and highlights. I have also added more detail to her eyes and added the makeup effects around them. In the last photo, I have shown the plinth that I have painted up to look a bit like marble, and painted the logo. You can also see the size of the bust against the Vallejo paint next to it.
    Next is to do her jacket, not sure whether to do it black or a deep marroon colour.
    Ben

Attached Files:

4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful work Ben, but a bit of the raised detail on the eyebrows is still showing flesh colour at the base.
    Carl.
  5. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    hola, I like her, but she needs a lots of more glossy into eyes.
  6. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Tony, Cheers Mate, yeah pretty happy at the moment, this is one build that seems to be working with me, all going quite well.
    Thanks Carl, still wondering about the eyebrows, I think I will be using a colour pencil to add individual hairs as I dont want the eye brows to be too solid, they should blend in to the skin tones a bit.
    Hi Stephan, thanks for your comments, will be adding the gloss to the eyes and semi gloss to the lips. It's the last thing I do as I spray a layer of flat clear after every new addition I paint, so as to protect that layer. May even give the hair a very light semi gloss to give it a bit of shine.
    Ben
  7. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Very nice work. Gillian could have the top off my egg any time she wanted it.
    Woof woof!
    I remember a photoshoot she did for FHM mag wearing a skintight latex catsuit in lilac, I nearly went blind looking at that:)
    Terribly sorry, excellent piece of figure painting - I think a deep maroon or purple would be good for her suit, great contrast with the red hair.
    Chris(y)
  8. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers Chris,
    Guess your a fan, dont blame you really. Yeah, I think the deep maroon will look good, and will probably go for it.
    Ben
  9. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Great project and nice progress! Your capturing her alabaster complexion very well.

Scully was the main reason for watching that dopey re-hash of old "Outer Limits"-"Twilight Zone"-"Night Gallery"-"Night Stalker" plots, and I can't wait to see the finished bust!

As Garth Alger would say, "She's a babe!"