1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Daimyo on the workbench (Nov. 2006)

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by wampum, Mar 27, 2012.

1. wampum Active Member

Turkey
    The Last Daimyo is manufactured by Andrea Miniatures at 54 mm scale. I received this figure from a great friend as a gift. He just wanted to push me to the dark side (of the figures) and he did it! Thanks a lot Ragıp OY (aka zwan) for pushing me to the dark side, for your friendship, and ofcourse for the figure, too. :)
    Daimyo is one of the unforgetable projects for me. The subject of the figure is impressive, the pose and sculpture are masterfuly done. I painted this figure with lots of fun and would paint it again.

Here are some pictures taken while I was working on Daimyo.

[IMG]

Preparing the pieces for assembling, assembling the figure and finally priming it, are always the first steps. These steps are boring in general and I wish to begin the figures immediately. But without a perfect assembly process I know that I can't have the optimum results.

[IMG]

I generally begin with painting the head. For lots of beginner figure painters the eyes are a nightmare. So was for me, too. With lots of practice you get used with materials and gain skills. You can not imagine how easily you begin to paint those little details then.

[IMG]

Another important point is that I always use high quality brushes and paints.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

I used oils over acrylics here.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Adding details such as blood and decorative dressing motives is essential for a realistic and good looking figure. I learned to pay attention on not using blood very much. The figure may become a repulsive looking piece. The motives used on dressing or accesories must look real, too. For this I do not hesitate to loose time on documenting about the figure.

[IMG]

Finishing a figure is always a great sentiment. Like at this case, when I can get involved deeply with the project, after finishing it, I also feel a disappointment because of the separation. Decamping is quite hard. Hopefuly I have lots of figures awaiting to be painted. I just grab another one from the stock. :)

[IMG]

More pictures here!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG][IMG]

Continue reading...