1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Daenerys and Drogo

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by FigureLover, Jun 23, 2013.

1. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi all,
    Here are my attempts at these two beautiful 1/9 Busts from Evil-miniatures. Mainly in oils.

I have almost finished the flesh tones on Drogo but everything else has just been base coated. The only change I have done to him is I repositioned his nipples as they were too close together originally. IMG_6195.JPG IMG_6196.JPG IMG_6197.JPG
  2. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    And now Daenerys, Her flesh tones are almost done, I think they need a bit more but not sure where, she is supposed to be quite fair. Her leathers have had the first round of oils and her hair is just base coated until I start on the platinum blond look. I did thin out here neck as the original was too manly looking, it will also be half hidden by a collar section of the leather bodice IMG_6198.JPG IMG_6200.JPG IMG_6201.JPG
    Marina Shtey and NickM like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there ,

Very nice tones on the flesh like the chest hair and the menacing eyes

If anything I would put a little more shadow where the beard will meet the cheek area and also run a wash of red into the corners of the eyes

...whats the other bust like as I can only see 1 at the moment !!...I see her now ...must be more patient!!!!

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Again ,

Nice set of busts you are working on ...like the young lady , as for the flesh I think it needs more work in the cheek area /shadows etc , I would define the lips more.

The leather is going to look good , I watch with interest how you deal with the hair colour .

Thanks for sharing again

Nap
  5. alamac Well-Known Member

Australia
    Looking good So far Ben, hope all is well in the west
    Cheers
    Al
  6. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Off to a great start, Ben. I see what you mean about the sculpting and braiding on Daenerys' hair, they're both nice sculpts.
    Keep the progress pics coming, mate.
    Cheers
  7. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    Great stuff Ben can't wait to see how those leathers turn out
  8. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    They look Ben!! I think the skin tones of Drogo are great! Daeneys I think it's good,
    maybe a touch in some place or another needed.
    But you are doing great!

Regards
    Pedro
  9. plasticbattle Member

Great skin tones on both figures. Viewing through the thumbnails on the main menu, this even stood out and attracted me into the thread. You got good depth on the leather as well. :wideyed:
  10. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    HI Nap,
    Thanks for the tips, I definately think you are right about the eyes, and I will be doing it. You are probably also right about the cheecks, but I will finish off his beard/hair first and see how it looks.
    Yeah, I think she needs to be a shade darker in some areas. Trying to keep in line with the TV series where she is made up to look quite natural with no lipstick or makeup, even though she definately is.
    Thanks for looking
    Ben
  11. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Alan
    Good to hear from you. WA's good but I think I need to come and visit Brissy around QHME time
    Ta

HI Nick
    Yeah, it some beautiful sculpting, especially the braid. Will be fun to paint it

Cheers for that Jimmy, I agree, looking forward to finishing off the leather
    Cheers Pedro,
    I totally agree, and will be adding some more definition to her soon
    Thanks for that Frank,
    Glad you like them. Hope to post more updates soon

Ben
  12. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Looking really good sir. I like what you did to her neck, I thought about doing the same but my brushes wanted to paint.
  13. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Very nice Ben. Looking forward to seeing your next WIP pics.
  14. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers for that Mike
    Have to admit, I wanted to get straight in and paint too.
    Ben
    Meehan34 likes this.
  15. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks for that Tony
    Hopefully next weekend
    Ben