1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Daddy Figure

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by sippog, Aug 18, 2018.

1. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    [IMG]

New project – Keos Mason’s “Daddy Figure”. I’ve been wanting to have a go at this for a while.

First impressions: the production is absolutely superb. Came in foam lined case with extra foam padding in delicate areas. Small parts individually wrapped in a cotton wool type material. A small part of the dog’s mane, delicate hair strands, snapped off. Otherwise perfect. No mould lines at all that I’ve seen so far and super sharp.

[IMG]

Torso after airbrushing and a little bit of shading with olive green ink. More to come, perhaps with oils and/ or alcohol ink.

Used a set of vinyl tribal tattoo stencils which were very tricky! Ended up hand painting most of the design. Rubbed off a lot of the paintwork on the chest and shoulder which didn’t work. I could add more but think I'll stop here. With the cyborg arm, neck chains etc, there's a risk of over decorating
    phil_h, Scotty, Wings5797 and 3 others like this.
  2. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    A great start David.
    The flesh and tattoo are working very well.
    Keith
    sippog likes this.
  3. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks, Keith. Lots of nice contrasts with this kit, cloth and skin and fur and machinery, but lots to do too
    Wings5797 likes this.
  4. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Jeans and belt mostly done except for the buckle, briefs and the embroidery. I airbrushed the jeans and the cybernetic arms of the man and the dog. Meant to zenithal shade them only but I, ahem, got a bit carried away – kept adding more and basically greyed them out.

Working under a strong lamp, I find you can get mislead by the shadows cast, especially when you’re working with black or grey. Oh well. The objective is to attempt a steel NMM so I’ll have to hand shade them instead.
    [IMG]
    Scotty likes this.
  5. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Interesting piece....love how it's progressing......what scale and where did you get it from?

Ron
    sippog likes this.
  6. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks, Ron. It's big, about 1/8. As it says: put out by Keos Mason - and still on sale, I believe
  7. JasonB A Fixture

United-States
  8. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    [IMG]

Dry assembled. He's a tall gentlemen - like Watusi tall!
    Maybe he'll look more balanced with his cybernetic arm attached:)
    Scotty likes this.