1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Dacian Warrior

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by bistray, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mirosoft you are just being silly this is an excellent paint job and is not easy to set up well given the style of the figure "bust"

Ron
  2. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    The 8 month riposte ...... is that some sort of Zenlike Tai Chi move. :D
    Tarracus and Helm like this.
  3. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Just past my levitation test :D
    Helm likes this.
  4. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    That's a really great job, I cant believe this is your first acrylic piece, I must say congratulations on that, I love the skin tones, very realistic and nice tattoo as well (y)
  5. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Necroposting detected
    DEL likes this.
  6. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Had to look that one up :p YEA
  7. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Had to look that up too:D
    Gaudin likes this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Great job , really like what you have done on the shield and the fleshtones ...I agree about a wash over the armour , and like you said possibly fade the tattoos a bit .

Really like the way you have painted the figure base very effective indeed .

1st Acrylics ...great stuff

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  9. Crookedjaw Member

United-Kingdom
    Excellent painting all over and I do like the tatts but they could do with being faded a bit. The hands and forearms look a bit disproportionate but am not sure if its just the angle of the photo. Superb face.
  10. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Oh, god....Universe is indeed built as a helix.

[IMG]
  11. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
  12. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Interestingly that was the first thing that caught my eye. Well done for changing that.
    What I am not sure ( and it is something I would like to throw in for discussion) - should the "working " sharp side of the weapon be pointing towards neck or away from flesh. Simple logic ( or logic of a simpleton as myself) may be that a sharp weapon that cleaves people and horses etc isnt safe to hold next to your neck. I wouldnt... What if you stumbled? Also the cutting edge would bounce on helmet and blunt it etc
    So question really is whether to turn it round - may be someone knows a bit more on the subject?

Otherwise - superb work, really liked it (y)