Review Dacian Warrior 75mm resin (Medieval Forge)

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Babelfish, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Dacian (for review).jpg

Received this one a couple of days back (along with their 75 mm Pirate), so here's a few quick thoughts:

The Good

1) Comes in a sturdy box with foam inlay packing.

2) Crisp & clean casting, will need only very minimal clean-up.

3) Nice sharp detail throughout.

4) No warped parts, not even to the long two-handed falx (swords).

5) Alternative empty left hand for those who think that two falx are overkill.

6) Wolf's head is a separate piece that fits very nicely onto the Dacian's helmet.

7) Generous size. Sold as a 75 mm but actually measures close to 90 mm from base of feet to top of wolf's head (about 85 mm to top of helmet without wolf's head)

The Not-So-Good

1) Wolf pelt way too long. I'll probably end up shortening it a tad to make it more true to scale.

2) The long wolf pelt is a one-piece casting and is difficult to fit over the figure's head so that sits around the his shoulders. The part that folds across his chest will either need to be separated from the main part then reattached later, or warmed & softened to fit over his head so as not to get broken when doing that: All this a hassle that could've easily been avoided by casting the pelt as two parts.

3) Head, body and legs cast as one piece. A separate head would have made life easier (see above).

Recommended?

Yes - with the above caveats. The wolf pelt & head can be left off entirely if you like, although that somehow seems a bit of a waste!

The Company

A class act. Fast, friendly and professional service. My order arrived at my door from Russia in less than week. Buy with confidence. (y)

- Steve
    Oda, Nap, billyturnip and 3 others like this.
  2. Redcap Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    An interesting and very balanced review thank you Steve. I hope to take a look at your copy when I see you next before I commit myself, as this one has been 'on the radar' since it was announced.

Gary
  3. Medieval Forge Miniatures Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Steve!!!! Many thanks, for a wonderful review !!!!(y)
    Oda, Babelfish and Redcap like this.