1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book Dacian Warrior 2nd Century AD - Stormtrooper Miniatures Ltd Review

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Guy, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    PPSC007
    Stormtrooper Miniatures Ltd
    "Dacian Warrior", 2nd Century AD
    1/9th scale resin - 9 resin parts
    Sculpted by Carl Reid
    Painted by Ernesto Reyes

DacWar 26.jpg

A recent release by Stormtrooper Miniatures depicts a Dacian Warrior from the 2nd century AD. This 9 part resin is cast in a light gray resin and sculpted by the noted sculptor, Carl Reid. Bringing the bust to life for the box art photos is the talented Ernesto Reyes.

[ continued in next posting ]

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    DacWar 02.JPG

DacWar 03.JPG

DacWar 04.JPG

Arriving in Stormtrooper's traditional sturdy white cardboard box the kit is encased inside a bubble-wrap pouch with the smaller parts sealed inside small zip-lok bags. A color photo is attached to the top of the box as well as a type written painting guide inside the box.

Above you see the parts removed from the pouch and bags for inspection prior to the photography being started.

DacWar 05.JPG DacWar 06.JPG

DacWar 07.JPG DacWar 08.JPG

DacWar 09.JPG DacWar 10.JPG

Above you see multiple views of the torso and head which is cast as one piece. The amazing facial detail sculpted by Carl in addition to the helmet and body armor really sets this apart and cries to be painted.

DacWar 11.JPG

DacWar 12.JPG DacWar 13.JPG

Above you see several close-ups of the face and helmet.

ch.strueber likes this.
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    DacWar 14.JPG DacWar 15.JPG

Above you see both sides of the separate cast arms. The left hand is cast to the left arm.

DacWar 16.JPG DacWar 17.JPG

Above you see the front and back of the full shield with wood grain etched onto the back.

DacWar 18.JPG DacWar 19.JPG

Above is the front and back of the sword and scabbard.

DacWar 20.JPG DacWar 21.JPG

Above you see the right hand holding the sword which lays across his right shoulder.

DacWar 22.JPG

DacWar 23.JPG

DacWar 24.jpg

The above top photo shows the separate cast straps. The middle photo above shows the bust plinth supplied with the kit. The bottom photo is a scan of the text color guide for the painting.

4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Additional Box Art Photographs

Painted
    by

Ernest Reyes

DacWar 25.jpg

DacWar 26.jpg

DacWar 27.jpg

DacWar 28.jpg

DacWar 29.jpg

Conclusion:
    Another quality kit cast by Stormtrooper Miniatures bringing out Carl Reid's sculpting. Minimal clean-up required. Highly recommended.

Stormtrooper Miniatures Ltd web-site
    click here

R518
  5. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for this Guy, looking foward even more to picking mine up at the weekend, its a real stunner(y)

Cheers
    Tommi
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Consider to buy it next sunday.
    But i also think my wallet is not big enough to buy all the stuff that I want.

Marc
  7. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great looking sculpt Carl (y)

Nice variety of textures :cool:
  8. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Does Carl do a figure/bust every 2 days? Very nice work as expected. My only reservation is that I prefer a classic bust to a full half figure- but that is persoanl taste.

Colin