1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique "D-Day" US 29th Infantry Division (1/6)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by kaz6120, Jun 27, 2012.

1. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    And, here's closer look of face. Still WIP. I'm wondering eyes are too bright blue...? let me know what you guys think.
    _MG_0684.jpg _MG_0686.jpg
  2. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Kaz,
    Superb face mate, I think you may be right, the eyes are just a tad too bright.
    cheers
    Richie(y)
    kaz6120 likes this.
  3. Lew J Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I think they look fine, my whole family have bright blue eyes my brother has even been asked on a number of occasions if he wears coloured contacts. I think you should leave them as they are, after all everyones eyes are different some bright and some dull and others intense. They balance well with his skin tones in my opinion.

Lew J.
    kaz6120 likes this.
  4. tissibzh Active Member

France
    Incredible figure, a bit too large and too expensive for me but one day!!
    Great painting
    kaz6120 likes this.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That's a giant figure for painting.
    Difficult with acrylic.

marc
    kaz6120 likes this.
  6. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    Thanks for the answer, Kaz. I always like to pin my figures to give them a solid support no matter how well balanced they appear to be... This one is touching the base with the tip of the boot only so I figured there should be a strong, long pin involved.

Mario
    kaz6120 likes this.
  7. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    BTW, the face looks really good, I wouldn't change the eye color...

Mario
    kaz6120 likes this.
  8. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thx Kaz, but of course a hot kit like this would be gone mue pronto. I kinda feel the eyes may be a tad too light, but that's just me. Love the build and standing by for more.

Cheers, Ski.:D
    kaz6120 likes this.
  9. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Looking amazing already, Kaz! Personally, I don't mind the bright colour of his eyes at all - I think it adds to the intensity of his expression, making him look even more stressed by the action.
    Great work as always!
    kaz6120 likes this.
  10. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
  11. Pops Active Member

United-Kingdom
    The Fallschirmjäger is brilliant but the price tag is way too expensive for this call-sign...
  12. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    I know it's expensive compared to 200mm size full-figures, but I think it costs that much because of its amount of resins, size, production time. It's quite huge, especially the body is one big brick of resin. I feel like its almost twice as big as 200mm figures, so I think not only resin but also building molds costs too.

---

Thanks a lot for your opinions, everybody. I really appreciate it.

Here's some small progresses. Applied blue and purple to add more tension to the face and a little more touch to the eyes.
    Only a small changes so it may look no big differences. If they still look bright I will apply filtering later.
    _MG_0705-s.jpg _MG_0713-s.jpg
  13. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    I like the eyes as they are Kaz. Looking great so far!
    gordy likes this.
  14. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    100% agree! I wanted the figure until I saw the price tag. 150-175 $ range I would purchase both of them now but 3 bills large, no way.
  15. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    Thanks Dan, for your compliments! I was sure you like this theme. :)
    Also, I finally got "unreleased 1/9 (200mm) fallschirmjäger w/FG42" you painted for "2 Para" vignette. I really love the vignette, so I'm really glad. I'm checking your vignette thread over and over again recently. :)
  16. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    In my opinion the eyes are absolutely spot on complimenting the face colour perfectly.
    kaz6120 likes this.
  17. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Wow, great touch.

Ski.:D
    kaz6120 likes this.
  18. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Really nice Kaz, the eyes work for me. Looking forward to your progression on him.
    Scott
    kaz6120 likes this.
  19. les_berryman New Member

Australia
    Once again you have blowen me away. You are the man . Back to the start for me.
    kaz6120 likes this.
  20. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb progress on the face Kaz.
    Carl.(y)
    kaz6120 likes this.