1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

D-DAY MS 1/35 WRNS despatch rider in progress

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Pavka, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Pavka Well-Known Member

Poland
    Hello,
    I want to show you the next figure I am sculpting in 1/35 scale. It is WRNS despatch rider for Bronco triumph motorcycle. I noted that a duffle coat was very huge on pictures, it's especially visible on girls, so I am still trying to represent this on the figure, not so easy.
    I've got a problem with the details of WRNS peaked cap, I mean the cap with the HMS letters, I can not find good pictures in Internet and books I have. So I would like to ask you, maybe someone has got good pictures of this cap, Please help!
    Cheers
    Pawel

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
  2. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States

Attached Files:

Zastrow.cuirassier likes this.
  3. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    [IMG]
    Loads here.(y)
    Looking good.
  4. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Hi - what is your sculpting medium?

P.
  5. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A re-enactment out-fitters has this offering:-
    http://www.appletreelane.co.uk/wrnsdespatchcap.html

Or you can cover up the front with goggles, as shown in the following picture, which come from Osprey Men-at-Arms No. 357 (World War II Allied Women’s Service), plate A1 showing a WRNS despatch rider, Portsmouth Naval Base, February 1941.

WRNS.jpg

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Rich Sculpts likes this.
  6. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Wonderful job!
  7. Pavka Well-Known Member

Poland
    Thank you very much but I thought about this cap, the same as in Andrew's link

[IMG]

Btw: Piotrze it is Miliput standard
  8. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You could always put the goggles on the cap - that cuts the research down a bit.

65e9b8abc7bc913dlarge.jpg
  9. Zastrow.cuirassier A Fixture

France
    Nice figure !
    Will be able to go with the Swash Design ATS.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]

Or Swash design dispatch rider :
    [IMG][IMG]
  10. Pavka Well-Known Member

Poland
    Thanks a lot yes I know I can cover it by goggles, but I would like to put them on her neck. Yeah Mr.Ishii's figures are great. As I said the huge duffel coat is difficult to sculpt for me in such sitting position and the front of the figure seemed to be a little too square and massive I just cut it off and start to sculpt this part from the beginning:).
    .... and if someone has some pictures of these WRNS despatch rider's peaked cap, please put it here
    Cheers
    Pawel