1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Cyanolith.....tribute to Bonner

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by thor14, Mar 15, 2013.

1. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Fantastic !
  2. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Awesome work. Can't wait to paint one of these
  3. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    I'm sorry Milosh, but at today I don't know if I will do some copies. I hope to talk again when I'll have 'finished the whole scene.
    This is not a "Bonner style" sculpt; this is a sculpt of a Bonner's artwork. If the sculpture is "nice" merit is not mine, merit is of Bonner and the rights are of Bonner, not mine, and I don't want to harm the interests of other people.
    Meehan34 likes this.
  4. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    I respect that decision sir. I can still get joy in just viewing the work.
  5. Tubby-Nuts-REMOVED Guest

United-Kingdom
    This is such a wonderfully weird! sculpt, .. setting a 'Bench-Mark' .. Absolutely gorgeous! (y)

Regards,

Mark
  6. Legendarion Active Member

I`m sorry but .... Ones more would like to post
    [IMG]
    and we get Pauls Bonner permission to sculpt his beautiful art
    Now we are in talks about casting and selling of this vignettes, I hope you will soon be able to get it.
  7. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    This is the wip of the dog. The only almost finished thing is the face and I am very satisfied; in the next days (I hope this weekend) I'll be able 'to finish all the work. I hope you like it:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    GARRY and pokrad like this.
  8. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Stunning progress Carmine. Look forward to final result.

Regards

Ron
  9. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    awesome work! I love that dog.
  10. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank you, guys. Here new pics of the wip. I have started to define the dog, starting with the chest and forelegs, and this evening I shall be able to define the back area.
    I have almost done the lion's mane and I have started the helmet, the shield and the other things to hang on the ogre. Here a little overview:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    palmielcore, GARRY and Meehan34 like this.
  11. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great stuff Carmine. So the end is in sight. Really looking forward to final piece.

Regards

Ron
  12. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    hi mate been watching this from the word go have to say what a great peice of work it is please but me down for one when it's cast. keep up the great work. all the very best
    Ian
  13. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    so brilliant! This just keeps getting better and better. Crossing my fingers that you will make a few casts.
    housecarl likes this.
  14. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Glad it will be available.
    I think it will be popular,
    Carl.(y)
  15. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hi guys, and thank you again for your comments. These are some pics of the almost finished work. I have to finish the legs of the frog, the tip of the tail of the lion, and few other things. I have also almost finished the base. The inner circumference (where are the stones) has a diameter of 23 cm. the next pics will be those of the finished work.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    garyhiggins, sarouman, pokrad and 3 others like this.
  16. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    NEWS !!

Considering that the work is almost ready, I want to profusely thank Mr Paul Bonner for the help and precious advices he gave me.
    I can finally announce that you will be able to buy our official kit, the results of our collaborative effort.
    Stay tuned for more informations.
    If interested please contact me via PM
  17. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    That's excellent news.
    Carl.
  18. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    Great news! I'm glad Bonner agreed this masterpiece can be cast and sold. Looking forward to seeing it finished and painted by some of the brush masters.

Mario
  19. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here some pics of the finished (...or almost finished) work. When I'll have 'defined all the details with the caster, I'll give' more accurate information to be able to buy the kit.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    b00gie and GARRY like this.
  20. CBDesign Active Member

Germany
    Fantastico, I`ve placed my oder already! If you like to make sure to get a copy of this you should send a p.m. to Carmine as this will be produced in a limited edition...
    happy painting,
    Chris