1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Custom Football figure #45 Chris Massey Chicago Bears

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Joe Hudson, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    After not doing anything for a very long time, I have finally finished up another football custom of Chris Massey. He was the long snapper for the Rams but released due to his large salary this year but the Chicago Bears picked him up. His wife asked me about 2 weeks ago if I could do one for him in his Bears outfit for a Christmas gift. So before I could think I said sure and then realized I have not done or completed anything for a very long time! Well I am glad to say I did finish up something and here it is. All comments welcomed.

Joe

Chris and my son at his football practice

[IMG]

and with Brody at Rams traing camp 2010
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    ChaosCossack, pmfs, Russ5281 and 8 others like this.
  2. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    very cool sir.
  3. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Nicely Done Joe, I haven't seen one of these from you in a long while.

Mike
  4. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    Cool man...glad to see you're knocking em out again. He will surely love having this.
  5. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    Hey Ward! are you finally back from the land of the lost?
    Mrosko
  6. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank you.

Thanks Mike, I have really not been productive and it felt good to get something done.

Thanks Stephen. I will let you know how he likes it. the good thing is his wife really did so that is half the battle!(y)

Hey Chris, thanks for lurking!:ROFLMAO::D
  7. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent work Joe! (y) The tattoo had to have been a real challenge. :cool:
  8. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Very fine work, Joe, really. I always have thought that the painting of sports subjects need a very clean style. I say this referring to the numbers, sport wear logos and frabrics, apparently always new, and you did it. The ground is perfect too. I also really like the gaze of Chris, as if open to receive a pass.

http://www.mininet.tv/egminiatures.html
  9. Ferris A Fixture

That looks amazing Joe!

Just checking: is this your sculpt, or did you do the painting 'only'? Even so, the paintwork is amazing. How did you get those razor sharp edges on the lining and numbers?

The grass also looks great by the way.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  10. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    It is a conversion from several different figures and some sculpting to make the correct additions.

Thanks again for the kind words. Chris actually just left the house and was really happy with it. He wants me to do several others in different uniforms. He was very kind to my sons and gave them each a pair of game used cleats and signed tons of pictures for their friends, coaches and teachers.

Here are some pictures of Chris's visit.

[IMG]
    [IMG]