1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Custom decals?

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Kimmo, Feb 9, 2019.

1. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I think I've got some Tamiya X-22 kicking around upstairs. I'll have a hunt for it tomorrow - but if it can't be found then I do know for certain - because I was looking at it today, that there's an almost full bottle of Future that I brought in on a flight from "somewhere", (don't ask), sitting in my hobby cupboard.
    Thanks to you and also to Kimmo for the suggestion. I'll try using it next time I'm messing around with home-made decals.
    Cheers
    H
  2. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    looks like you are getting some quality advice on decals Harry. The decals I make are actually probably a bit thicker than what you guys are mostly looking for. I actually use Kamar Varnish to seal my decals, it is a Krylon aerosol product. I also use World Decal paper, I like it a lot although the white isn't 100% opaque, but it is very good. And I use Mr. Mark Setter and Softener by Gunyze Sangyo for pre and final setting. and agree on printing multiples of your decals so when one is ruined you have extras. Good luck.
    harrytheheid likes this.