1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Custers Sioux encounter 1873

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jazz, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Hello fellow planeteers. Some time ago you may remember me posting a little scene I created called "Custers Last Stand". At the time quite a lot of comments were made about this scene, rightfully so, as I had used a mounted Apache to attack Custer.

As we all now know, it was the Sioux Native American tribe that Custer had problems with, not the Apache. Since then I have tried to rectify this problem and I now present the revised scene renamed "Custers Sioux encounter 1873". I have deliberately made this not Custers last moments as I have heard that at Little Big Horn he wore his famous buckskins rather than his Army uniform.

This scene represents an earlier encounter with the Sioux, possibly where he clashed with them at Tongue River, Montana on August 4th 1873. At this time he held the rank of Lt. Colonel. I have attempted to alter his rank on the figure as he is no longer a General as he was (temporarily) during the American Civil War.

I would like to include a special "Thank You" to David Gray (DaveG) from Minnestota who very kindly gave me the dead cavalryman that you see on the scene. Dave would'nt accept a penny for the figure and he is everything that is good about our hobby. Thanks Dave.

I now have more work to do with the Mounted Apache who is currently lying comatose on a bed of foam rubber. In the New Year I shall be purchasing the Andrea kit, "Shot down" incorporaring a Cavalryman kneeling behind his dead horse. This kit will be put with the charging Apache. I hope to have this scene on PF for you to view soon.

Marry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you all.

Attached Files:

• 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      99.8 KB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      94.8 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      101.9 KB
      Views:
    • 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      95.3 KB
      Views:
    • 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      84.8 KB
      Views:
    Uruk-Hai, DaveG, Steve Riley and 3 others like this.
  2. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    John,
    Looking real good so far.
    Cheers,
    John
  3. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    I think this works better as a diorama now. I am glad you are giving the Apache a second chance at new dio as well :)
  4. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi John ,

Nice to see this after we talked about it , the composition looks good and with the additional figure that you will be adding it will complete the scene ...and tell a story .

The horse with the cavalryman firing behind , using his faithful mount to the very end will provide another chapter in the story

You have done some really good research (Tongue River etc) on this one , the only one thing I might suggest is possibly tone down the blood slightly ..but it could be the pics , this is of course my thoughts and feel free to say " get back to your busts my friend";)

It good that you are using the Apache again ..waste not want not eh mate

Looking forward to seeing more from you on this and others that Santa might bring you :whistle:

Nap

and a very merry Christmas to you as well my friend .
  5. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    Hi John, sorry I've been absent for a while but just seeing your revised Custer scenario and love the new characters. Glad to see you've put this unfortunate trooper to good use and like the new Indian character a lot. Glad to see you have been a busy painter of late. Excited to see the Apache rider in his new environment when you get to him. (y)

DG