1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Custers last stand

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jazz, May 11, 2011.

1. IIICorps Active Member

United-States
    True, but a model which you presented to the public through the forum.
    ;)
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    If John had posted up a scratchbuilt model of a 19th century 'blackface' minstrel with a plaque on the plinth that read "Oh Dem Golden Slippers", or of a caricature Chinaman in a coolie hat called "Hoo Flung Dung", I could understand why some might consider that a bit close to the knuckle and insensitive.

But what do we have here? We have an Apache warrior and Custer mixing it on horseback.

I fail to to see how anyone in their right mind could possibly get hot under the collar and holier-than-thou about that.

Because presumably - by the same token and skewed logic - they'd get into a similar self-righteous, politically-correct tizzy about another modeller placing a 1941 Barbarossa Red Army figure in a Manchuria '45 setting (that must be "offensive" to Russians surely, and to the memory of the 20+ million Russians who died in the Great Patriotic War?)

Or about a painter pitting a Roman Republic soldier against a 5th century Hun or a 13th century Mongol ("offensive" to Italians and even more "offensive" to Mongolians- we should be more "sensitive").

Its ridiculous. At most, the discussion should (logically) be about modelling & painting merits and beyond that possibly historical accuracy.

When a member of the Apache nation comes on here saying he's "offended" or "insulted" by it, then I'll stand corrected.

But this vignette & John's use of artistic license "offensive"? Come on guys, gimme a break and get a grip.

- Steve
  3. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Amen to that Steve !

Gary
    Meehan34 and housecarl like this.
  4. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Mr. Riley; I must say thank you a million times.
  5. marius'mules New Member

United-States
    I like it for what it is. You did a splendid job on the Native's horse.
  6. garthj New Member

Canada
    Hi John,
    I think you did a great job with this. Splendid horse painting!
    Great job.
    Garth