Completed Curvy Cougar

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Glen, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Glen Active Member

United-States
    This is Reaper Miniatures' Bella, a Rubenesque 30mm succubus. As cast, she is nude and has tiny little bat wings (http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/bella/sku-down/03639). I made a few alterations...

The wings were deleted and the mounting sockets filled with putty to restore the hair. I added a putty girdle and stocking tops, and wine bottle foil garters and quarter-cup bra. I originally was going to leave the girdle open in the back, but decided later to simply close it up and go with something a little more normal. I later found out the an open backed girdle is sometimes referred to as a 'spanking girdle'. There is so much information on the internet, it's really hard to keep up with it...

The base is a simple block of craft wood with rolled out putty on it. The putty was flattened, trimmed, then stippled with an oil painting brush. The sides were detailed with a knife blade - the whole idea being to replicate carpet.

Floquil brushed-on model railroad primer followed by Reaper MSP acrylics. Most of the girdle and bra were painted with a semi-sheer effect while the front panel and bands were painted opaque with a slight satin sheen.

Questions and comments welcomed.

Cheers,

Glen cc1.jpg cc2.jpg cc2.jpg cc4.jpg cc5.jpg cc6.jpg

Attached Files:

• cc3.jpg
      cc3.jpg
      File size:
      136.8 KB
      Views:
    SPrimeau, catdancerLV and Meehan34 like this.
  2. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Very nice. Looks like a character from a Tom Sharpe novel
  3. catdancerLV Member

United-States

Hi Glen...I really like your conversion work on this figure as well as your color choice (pastel aqua) along with your painting detail execution...Very nicely done! I am also working on this same Reaper figure as part of a fantasy vignette...I love seeing other members work(s) in this small scale (25-28mm).

Catdancer...
  4. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    For 30mm your painting is really good. The textures of her girdle look real.

Colin
  5. fanai Well-Known Member

Australia
    I agree I thought it was larger until I saw the sculpted hair - well done
  6. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the comments everyone! I like the small gaming minis - often with a conversion of some kind - because it allows me to change my palette from my usual 54mm medieval subjects.

The bra and girdle bands/straps are the basic opaque colors, while the transparent bits were thinned out and painted over the a slightly darkened and grayed out skin tone. Bits of white added to the aquas allowed me to highlight and get up to that satin sheen. It went better than I expected. It all required extensive research...;)

Glen