1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Cursing the gods

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by pokrad, May 26, 2011.

1. pava Member

Croatia
    Dobar početak - good start

good musculature:)
  2. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Comment is not too fussy at all, as I think I understand what you mean.
    The first Idea was to show him stepping through the water, and because of that, much more of his weight is put forward - this is very different than walking on the ground.
    However, that would require some sort of visual representation of the watter (clear resin maybe), but I do not want to complicate that much, so I will try to modify bending angle of the left leg as you suggested...
    That would probably also reduce the distance of his right foot from the balance point, but also torso will lean more backward...I'll try that.
    Thx for the observation ;)

I fixed few problematic things around his waist and upper part of right leg,
    volumes are looking better to me now, but will post pics soon to let you decide ;)

Thx to all the others for the comments ;)
  3. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Alex, is this what you meant ?

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I figure that the torso has to change its angle, must lean to (his) left to keep the balance, something like this:

[IMG]

will play with that some more...
    gordy and nelly-samy like this.
  4. Harry New Member

Netherlands
    I'm following this with great interest. What material are you using to model this with?
  5. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    SuperSculpey except for the head, it is mix of SuperSculpey and Sculpey III...
  6. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
  7. BionicCow Member

United-States
    yes absolutely, now I believe the composition really focuses on the strength of the upper body and the clenched fists and tightened chest which will really allow the expression to do the talking

:)

Alex
  8. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Started with blending. If someone see something wrong, it's now time to say ;)
    Too many pics I know, but I wanted as many angles as possible...

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    AvangarD likes this.
  9. antonio argudo Well-Known Member

Spain
    Hi Darko
    in my opinion, I see some disproportion on the leg's area, thigh too long and calves short, and in the feet, the forefoot could be lowered.
    could be like classic greeck sculpture shape what you are looking for? maybe the ribcage could be smaller to give some slenderness, also check the biceps/tendon union with the forearm, should be visible.
    keep the good man, grettings!
  10. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Thx Antonio, I check my references ;)
  11. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    I like this a lot Darko.

I only wondered if some parts of the body get in your way during your grip during the process.
    I mean, looks like he will be finished/ baked in one piece.

is this doable or will you temporarely remove some parts?

Rene
  12. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    I did armature in the way that head, arms and legs could be detached (well, head is not even attached yet ;) ).
    I hope that detaching arms would be enough but will detach legs too if necessary...

I want first to be satisfied with all volumes, and then will detach arms to smooth and detail areas that are not accessible.
  13. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Started with head. Rene You was right, it does go faster for smaller scale, but You forgot to mention one thing: it is 10 times harder ! ;)
    Now I really envy You guys who can do it in 1/16 or 1/32...

[IMG]
    [IMG]

P.S.
    I apologize to those two guys who are waiting for bust with hands, I messed up first mold for hands, and after that had problems getting the new pack of rubber (out of stock). I did not forget, and I'll cast the hands as I promised, sorry again...
    gordy likes this.
  14. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
  15. BionicCow Member

United-States
    what expression are you going for with the face?
  16. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Pain & Anger (that is my wish, but it gives me pain...)
    Teeth are missing, I'll try to add them after baking...

I like the scale, it is much smaller than 1/6, and still big enough for me to see what I'm doing:

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Well, practice makes perfect, and I did not practice that much,actually for the first 1/9 I'm surprised that it looks human at all ;)
  17. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
  18. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looking really nice Darko, the cleft defining the right rear deltoid (from the figure's POV) would look nice curved in reverse:

AViNR.jpg
  19. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    True Gordy.
    That parts need resculpting as I cut the arms off to detail them. I'll fix this (and the other arm too) when I finish with the hands and "glue" them back to torso.
  20. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    I still do like it a lot Darko...
    wow, nice muscles especially his sixpack!

I tried this pose ( took no pics ;-) and wondered what a little tilt forward of the neck would do for the total image, instead of leaning back.

good luck!

René