1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Currently on the bench

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by elanlane13, Mar 8, 2020.

1. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    IMG_20200308_184916_resized_20200308_065006729 (002).jpg
    Two Luftwaffe pilots 1/32, Two air mechanics RAF 1/24, one Crimean vignette 75mm, one bust 1/12.
    Materials being used: Bees Putty, Molten Clay, Magic Sculpt, Black Milliput.
    aknific, brian, Martin64 and 9 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Rob

Good to see you busy at the bench .....plenty of putty pushing there ....like the Crimean pairing and tge bust looks interesting with a very distinctive face probably wrong but maybe Churchill

Thanks for sharing

Happy putty time

Nap
  3. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Rob thanks for taking the time to show us your current projects, its a nice insight into your work and I am sure like me others are having a nosey at what you have knocking about in the background.
    TERRY
  4. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very impressive amount of work in progress.

Mike
  5. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks more like a US gangster to me (mind you that's C's look in the famous Tommy Gun photos)
  6. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very diverse set of figures/busts Rob, really like the Crimean 75mm pair, very nice.

Cheers
    Steve
  7. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very nice Rob, like the pair!
  8. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    Will you be at Sword and Lance, Rob? Any of these likely to be ready for then? Maybe the Crimean pair?
  9. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Thank you all for the comments. The Crimean pair will be part of the Elan13 Miniatures range I'll post some more pictures of them soon.
    Richard I will be at S&L, with new releases, but not the Crimean pair. I'm hoping they will be ready for World Expo or Euro.
    The bust is not of a specific person and is part of a side project I'm working on about old age and people's reaction to it.
    OldTaff likes this.
  10. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    See you there, Rob. I thought that the bust looks like Noel Coward.
    elanlane13 likes this.
  11. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Hi Rob,

Your Osprey KV-1 book should be arriving today - Enjoy!

Cheers,
    Chris.
    elanlane13 likes this.
  12. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Rob, Really , really like the Crimean War pairing and would love to get a casting. Definitely want one of these when they come out. (y)

Thanks for sharing your in progress stuff. Much Appreciate it!:)

Best of Everything, Terry Martin-Member of the Atlanta Military Figure Society of Atlanta, GA
    elanlane13 likes this.
  13. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Rob... great admirer of your work :) .

You say: "Bees Putty, Molten Clay, Magic Sculpt, Black Milliput" were used.

I asked about the use of different putties following your comment (and today from Zogar Zag, though different choices).

I asked about the use of different putties following a similar comment by Rob (though different choices) here:
    https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/modelling-putties.214279/#post-1041773

Presumably these are dependant on their qualities, so I'd be grateful for your rationale for the three you use (preferably in the above thread).

Thanks, Neil (y)