1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Current Workbench

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Paul Kernan, May 7, 2014.

1. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    I have been making a valiant attempt on starting the Grieve Naval Brigade (honestly, Richie) but I have fallen victim to the old ailment....figure distraction. Here is my 2014 line-up (at varying degrees of completion) with a deadline date of October (MMSI). DF Grieve Naval Brigade, Aurea Domus Lancer, Bonaparte Crusader and Grenadier 1st Life Guards. What's everyone else got going?

Attached Files:

Don Johnson, sd0324, Tarracus and 9 others like this.
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    "Figure distraction". Is that the ailment with which you have so many different projects on the go at the same time that you can't decide which one to work on - so you end up doing nothing?! :sleep:

They all look good by the way!

- Steve
  3. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    EXACTLY;)
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Face on the Lifeguard looks stunning.
    You should start a self help group, I think we all have it.:whistle:
  5. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    My goodness Paul, Good to see you back at the bench! Hopefully you can have all of these completed in time for the Chicago Show.

Mike
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  6. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Agree with Carl, that face on the Lifeguard is brilliant.
    Only got three on the go myself, Hawk Miniatures Lt Souter, Alexandros Miniatures Napoleon bust and just started on CGS Military Figures 17th Lancer (no pics yet).
    S18.JPG N2.JPG
    Forgot about the Stormtroopers Vbust Captain Dighton Probyn (no pics either)
    Barrie.
    sd0324, billyturnip, Tarracus and 2 others like this.
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    There's some very nice stuff on Paul & Barrie's benches, here's what I've got on the go.... much smaller and flatter offerings.

Roger.

PICT0212.JPG PICT0213.JPG PICT0209.JPG PICT0210.JPG PICT0211.JPG
    garyhiggins, sd0324, Tarracus and 5 others like this.
  8. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Roger, they may be smaller and flatter, but it looks like they are closer to completion tham Pauls and mine. And really good flats they are too.

Barrie.
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Barrie, the danger is I might start another five before any of these are finished.

Roger.
  10. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    An interesting eclectic mixture there!

Mike
    billyturnip likes this.
  11. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Paul,
    Some nice stuff going on there mate and I believe you about the Naval Brigade figure:rolleyes: :whistle:. Looking forward to seeing you put your stamp on that one(y). Only four on the go, that's luxury, you must have real steel discipline.

I've got Buller still waiting to rescue D'Arcy.
    "Fighting Bill" still trying to run a Zulu through with his sword.
    "The Last Bullet" which just isn't getting spent.
    A Frontier Light Horse Trooper still fighting his way down Hlobane mountain.
    Commissary Dalton trying to win a V.C.
    Two Zulu War busts from Jimbo's hand in grey scale.
    and a little aside project called "Pinned Like Rats"

That all equates to a total of one wall, two horses, 2 busts and twenty eight figures all in 120mm scale and to top that lot off I have another 3 or 4 projects I am chopping at the the bit to start. :nailbiting:

Back to the tools and drawing board I think!
    unsure monkey.jpg
    cheers
    Richie
    T-34/85, ChaosCossack and billyturnip like this.
  12. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Richie...I think your description is the grin of the day:LOL:(y)
  13. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    Paul I believe the only cure for this ailment is to buy more figures. Whilst not a quick cure in the long term, relief eventually comes. Dr Moz and Dr Carl, two of the leading exponents in this field, work tirelessly to relieve sufferers and a quick visit to one of their many online clinics (MMM, CGS, El Greco etc) should see the ailment addressed in a quick and efficient manner.
  14. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Don't worry, I've been happily contributing to our friend's pension fund;)
  15. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    I don't know how you guys manage it, I can only work on one project at a time otherwise I loose concentration and end up throwing something.

Zane
    Karlosfandango likes this.
  16. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    I think I have 7 in various stages of barely friggin' started... and I still haven't picked up a brush in weeks. Anyone care to volunteer to come over and give me a swift kick in the ass and perhaps jumpstart my production again? Pleeeaaasssse?

Some good projects on the go there, Boys

Colin
    crf and Paul Kernan like this.
  17. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

I am working on El Greco's Crusader bust right now. Excellent piece. Cleaning up Art Girona's 70mm Viking.

[IMG]
  18. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    The ones on the bench that actually have some paint on them.
    002.JPG 003.JPG
    001.JPG 003.JPG
    Then the ones who are crying out for more attention
    004.JPG
    On Friday, my club president and I are off to MFCA, so the ranks of the grey army can get some new recruits;)
  19. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Gents:
    Thanks for your support......I realise I am not alone and my condition is an inherent part of the hobby. I must learn to embrace it;):cool:
  20. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    My bench. Since I started painting acrylics and not having to worry about drying times, I have moved away from my previous approach if only doing ine project at a time. So now I am plonking away at 3 significant projects plus a hoard of 28mm cuirassiers! But I kind of like having multiple irons in the fire. Keeps things fresh.

Colin

image.jpg