1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Curious About a Figure I Saw Online

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by húsar14, Oct 29, 2023.

1. húsar14 Member

United-States
    Can anyone help me identify this figure, please? Who made it? Has it ever been available commercially? I doubt it's still available, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

e120b58d-a34d-47b8-a3a8-b86e363f17fe.jpeg
    Babelfish likes this.
  2. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nap likes this.
  3. húsar14 Member

United-States
  4. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely figure. And annoyingly, the post that Andrew links to just describes it as a "very limited edition" with no indication of where it would have been available from.

- Steve
    húsar14 likes this.
  5. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Babelfish and húsar14 like this.
  6. húsar14 Member

United-States
    I appreciate the additional searching you did, Andrew. I followed your links and did a bit more exploring myself. I imagine this limited edition piece was snatched up pretty quickly. Too bad. It's a real gem. Have a great day, my friend.
  7. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Not surprised to read it's an Asociacion Alabarda piece. They apparently release just one limited edition figure per year and it seems that some get snapped up more quickly than others.

Zapatero is their go-to sculptor and the subjects are always Spanish explorers/statesmen and Spanish colonial wars. I have a couple of theirs from a few years back, "El Gran Capitan" (the Reconquista-era general Gonzalo Fernandez de Cordoba) and the conquistador Vasco Nunez de Balboa.

- Steve
    Nap likes this.
  8. húsar14 Member

United-States
    From what I saw on the association's website, you did well to grab a couple of their figures while they were available, Steve. And I agree--Zapatero is a top tier sculptor.
    Babelfish likes this.