1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Just Bought! CSgt. Rifles Regt. Crimea

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Rob Shaw, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Rob Shaw Member

I'm about to start this model from CGS Military Figures and would like some advice please.
    Would a Colour Sergeant wear a fully tailed dress coat as included in the kit, or would be wear the standard full-length jacket?
    I'm not trying to find fault as most of CGS's models are excellent, especially when one considers Maurice Corry is the sculptor in most cases; but I've checked through most of my books and cannot find a single picture of an NCO wearing a dress coat!
    This figure has been reviewed a few years back, when there was some debate over the Colour Sergeant's role. Nothing was said then about the jacket.
    Cheers
    Rob
  2. mike bush Active Member

Hi Rob.
    Are you referring as the full length jacket as what we would now call the tunic, the answer is No. The tunic did not come into use until after the Crimea war. In saying that the Guards were issued some to return home in.
    Mike
  3. Rob Shaw Member

That sounds right Mike, thanks for your answer. This is the box lid from the kit, which shows the tail-coat in use. image.jpeg
  4. mike bush Active Member

This may help. gettyimages-1425852210-612x612.jpg
    MCPWilk and Rob Shaw like this.
  5. Rob Shaw Member

Thanks a lot Mike.