1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Crusaders from "Medival Forge Miniatures"

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Sergey Popovichenko, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    Friends, most recently I received a parcel with 54mm crusaders from "Medival Forge Miniatures". is a new and quickly gaining firm from Russia.

1.jpg

What can I say about my feelings. I am very pleased and I hope to collect from the quiet figures a small diorama. But now in order.

2.JPG

Packing: boxes of solid cardboard, each with two pieces of foam rubber and bags with parts. The packaging is reliable.
    The quality of casting is excellent without exaggeration.
    The scale is 54mm. Material - resin.
    Sculptor famous master Sergei LUPANOV from Russia.
    Sculpture is alive, miniature, detailed.
    Crusaders fall, in my opinion at the turn of the 12-13 centuries.

1. Rider. A warrior in a static pose, 18 details. Casting is excellent.
    3.JPG 4.JPG 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

2. The standard bearer. The most detailed figure. 4 variants of helmets for the 12th and 13th centuries. Removable heraldic shields on the shoulders. 3 variants of the standard.

10.JPG 11.JPG 12.JPG 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg

3. Crossbowman. Live pose. Great detail. I do not remember the miniature of crossbowmen for this period. It's nice that all the pedestrians in the set have a lower part of the apparel made of individual parts, which allows to provide deep realistic undercuts.
    20.JPG 21.JPG 22.JPG
    23.JPG 24.jpg 25.jpg
    Krest063, Oda, Nap and 2 others like this.
  2. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    4. The Swordsman. Charismatic character, robes are shabby. The pose is tense. Has one version of the head. However, there are two options for the left hand. With a teardrop shield and a mace.

27.JPG 28.JPG 29.jpg 30.jpg

5. Spearman. Very nice figure. It has two variants of helmets: puffy and flat. It has two different spear points, a pole is a steel spoke.

31.JPG 32.JPG 33.jpg 34.jpg 35.jpg

6. A warrior with an ax. Great figure. The only one of the whole fraternity in an active pose. Variability is not high. The head in a helmet with an open face can be supplemented with a mask.

36.JPG 37.jpg 38.jpg 39.jpg

Conclusion
    The company "Medieval Forge Miniatures" presented an excellent line of resin crusaders on a scale of 54mm. The quality of sculpture and casting does not cause censure. Figures can be used to create a diorama. But they look self-sufficient one by one. The sets have pleasant bonuses in the form of additional helmets, heads, hands, which will help to diversify the assembly or can be used in diorama and in other your projects.

Strongly recommended.

The owner of the company is Dmitry Fursov.
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005997551341

The company's page in FB https://www.facebook.com/groups/758541954318951/
    armorer, Krest063, aknific and 9 others like this.
  3. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the review Sergey.
    Not really 'my' period, but I might be tempted to put a small group together
    Paul
  4. Medieval Forge Miniatures A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Sergey, HUGE THANKS for a WONDERFUL review !!!(y)(y)(y)
    Sergey Popovichenko likes this.
  5. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent review of some really nicely sculpted figures. I like the options for the standard bearer.
  6. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for a great review, Sergey! That mounted crusader peaks my curiosity. Perhaps placing a captured standard in his hand....

Nice pieces!

Kevin D.
  7. DioramaArt A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This set looks fantastic, would look great in a diorama with some Arabic warriors from a battle from the Crusades.

Regards,

Marcus.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

Nice to see Sergey reviewing these , as you saw in my review recently ....MFM have some great figures

Thanks for sharing these hope we see more from you

And more from Medieval Forge in the future

Nap
  9. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    Friends, thank you for your kind words. I am pleased to. Yes, I think the reviews for you will be.
  10. Major27 Member

11. Major27 Member

Mounted knight - best in this set ;)
  12. Krest063 Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Спасибо за интересный и подробный обзор !
    Sergey Popovichenko likes this.