WIP Crusader

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ron Tamburrini, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    HI all

Made a little start on this guy another fine rescue courtesy of Smudgers Grey army;)
    A little experiment with Jo Sonja paints away from my usual oils the face is just at its undercoat stage
    and some work done round the eyes,the white on the tunic has some shading done and will need to be grubbed up a bit, leather belt has a first glaze of oils and will add a second to tone down, the cross is Jo Sonja vermillion with some blue and black for the darker tones haven't decided yet on the colour for the cloak ,chain mail is Vallejo oily steel shaded with Jo Sonja black and a little highlighting with silver printers ink ,the bust will be based up on the Burr Elm.
    All critique welcome as usual.

Ron

Grange bases www.ron-tamburrini.com

IMG_6826.JPG IMG_6829.JPG IMG_6830.JPG
  2. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    You handle the different media very well Ron. So far he looks great (y)!!

Joe
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks good to me.

Marc
  4. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Nice start indeed.
  5. Mike Stevens A Fixture

United-States
    Indeed, a nice start to a great figure.
  6. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    great start Ron, this will be another great addition to your already great work.
    :)
  7. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Impressive Ron.
    Carl.(y)
  8. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ron,I'm glad I sent him to a nice home :),you seem to have adapted very well to the new painting medium,I like the face and the beard looks very nice,nice work on the cross as well,you have managed to bring the stitching out quite well,the white's have started out quite nicely as well,will you be scuffing him up abit?,great start mate :),look forward to seeing him finished.

Brian