1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Crusader Knight of Heaven completed

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by storm_zh, Jun 15, 2014.

1. storm_zh Well-Known Member

China
    Hi friends,

I call the painting of this bust finished. I would like to share with you the final pictures here as well as the P&P site. Hope you like it.

It has been great experience painting this great 1:10 bust from Nutsplanet and I keep learning new things. If you are interested, you can find some more WIP pictures in the SBS article I previously shared at http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/sbs-the-crusades-knight-of-heaven-bust-form-nutsplanet.64519/

Any comments and feedbacks are welcome Thanks a lot!
    Crusader_Knight_of_Heaven_01.jpg Crusader_Knight_of_Heaven_02.jpg Crusader_Knight_of_Heaven_03.jpg Crusader_Knight_of_Heaven_04.jpg Crusader_Knight_of_Heaven_05.jpg Crusader_Knight_of_Heaven_06.jpg Crusader_Knight_of_Heaven_07.jpg Crusader_Knight_of_Heaven_08.jpg Crusader_Knight_of_Heaven_09.jpg Crusader_Knight_of_Heaven_10.jpg
    snowathlete, Elia, Aveleira and 31 others like this.
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Wonderful paint Jason and many thanks for posting.

Cheers,
    Pedro.
    storm_zh likes this.
  3. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Stunning work, Jason!
    Is like any moment he'll move and look in your eyes!
    Absolutely awesome!
    Thanks a lot for sharing! Very inspiring!
    Cheers,
    Zeno
    storm_zh likes this.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Jason.

Marc
    storm_zh likes this.
  5. DEMOH Well-Known Member

Russian-Federation
    Awesome paintwork!
  6. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Geez, so lifelike (y)!

Joe
    storm_zh likes this.
  7. lopee Active Member

Czech-Republic
    I like it a lot! It had to be a great pleasure to paint such a wonderful bust. The bust is a real piece of art but the sword is a little bit more... (y) Thank you for sharing,

Martin
    storm_zh likes this.
  8. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Another super job Jason, really good work.

Alex.
    storm_zh likes this.
  9. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent finish Jason.(y)
    storm_zh likes this.
  10. Mark S Guest

Beautifully done, superb piece.
    storm_zh likes this.
  11. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Turned out great. Nicely done.
    storm_zh likes this.
  12. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Brilliant job, I love the surcoat finish and the face is brilliant, just a bit confused as to the shield design, but all in all its brilliant
    storm_zh likes this.
  13. storm_zh Well-Known Member

China
    Much appreciated to all of you for your kind words and encouragement. Glad to hear that you like it.

@Paul, to answer your question, the actual size of the shield (according to what is shown in the movie “Kingdom of Heaven) is very large. To order to fit the overall size of the bust, the shield included with this bust out of the box actually has its left and bottom part cut off. The box art painting of this bust also shows this. This is the reason why you see that the cross symbol is not in the middle of the remaining part of the shield. I have included two pictures below for your reference. Hope this helps clarify things:)
    kingdom-of-heaven-3.jpg shield_design.jpg
  14. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent work my friend!!
    storm_zh likes this.
  15. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Hi mate, it wasnt the shape and size of the shield it was the colour of the cross, just wondering why you picked light blue
    storm_zh likes this.
  16. storm_zh Well-Known Member

China
    Thank you for your feedback, Christos.
  17. storm_zh Well-Known Member

China
    Hi Paul, thanks for the clarification. Actually, I did not research too much about the color of the cross by referring to historical materials. Instead, I just used the box art painting at Nutsplanet official web site as my reference for the cross color and gave it a fading and worn look which made the color a bit lighter again. I agree with you that it would be better if the original blue color could be darker and in that case it would be more close to what it looks like in the movie. I am open to suggestions and thank you for your advice, mate :)
  18. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    awesome job onto the metalls.
    storm_zh likes this.
  19. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Hi Jason, sorry i hadnt seen the Nutsplanet box art, its been a long time since i saw the film but i had thought that the cross was a dark red colour, i could well be wrong, as my wife has said many times :(, but it would be strange to have the colouring on the shield differ to the colouring of the surcoat. In references to Balian it doesnt actually say what his sigil was, but it was the main thing that distinguished him on the field. Anyway you have finished this beautifully and possibly one i will have to add to my list of wants.
    storm_zh likes this.
  20. swralph A Fixture

Lovely painting
    storm_zh likes this.