1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Crusader knight 90mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Meehan34, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Mike, lovely job with this and very brave to use Yellow which you have mastered well.

Keith
  2. Ferris A Fixture

Gee Mike you're getting really good at this!
    The dusty appearance sure works for me.

Cool work.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  3. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the kind words guys I am honored that you have posted them. The heraldry has really been a fun thing to learn to paint and have found myself choosing figures by saying "ohh I could do some serious heraldry on this guy" when that is what I avoided the most in the beginning. Michael on the painting I used only acrylics for the flesh leather and heraldry and a mix of acrylic & oil on the tunic. I am really glad to know that yellow is a difficult color to do because it was so hard and I couldn't figure out why. Tommi I am working on the camera thing, my wife currently has a 7.2MP camera that I am using and it is not good. I think my setup was my best yet but the camera let me down. I have my eye on a 12-14mp that should do a better job in the future. Again I am thankful for all of your posts and kind words and honored that you all took the time to look at my figure. I am really happy to be in this hobby with so many great people. Ok enough of that... everyone get back to painting :)
  4. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nice Mike!!
  5. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Excellent paintwork Mike!
    I feel like start painting mine.

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  6. jknaus Active Member

Canada
    That looks really neat. I like everything about it, especially how you pulled of the dust. Very nice.
    James
  7. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Mike, nice work here my friend! I missed this post some how! I too like what you did with the heraldry. I find myself looking for challenges such as this in a figure as well, makes it more fun somehow when you challenge yourself to paint outside your comfort level sometimes!

Be carefull with the camera choice. In my experience photography is about 90% lighting, and maybe some work with your camera and the lighting could yield better results without investing a fortune in new cameras. Just a thought!

Jay H.
  8. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Mike,
    Great work and the heraldry is excellent.
    Cheers
    John
  9. Ineluki Active Member

Poland
    Good job ! Another of your model looks better than previous (y)
  10. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mike , great painting and a great choice of colours , I also like the hot and dusty groundwork effect with the shrivelled plants and grass . (y)

Cheers Ken