1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Crusader 1200

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mariner, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Mariner Active Member

Canada
    This 75mm figure is almost done; still some touchups and groundwork to finish.
    I want to say all the great help I've received here is slowly paying off. When I got this model, the right hand didn't fit as shown on the box and the feet didn't fit into the base without pulling the hips out of alignment. So I had to build up a 'step' under the foot, re-jig the hand and arm and putty a couple of gaps.

The paint job looks harsh in these photos but the 'real thing' is much better. I'm actually quite proud of this one.
    I have a notebook with all the tips I get on PF and keep it beside my workbench. And I need to get an Optivisor:sick:
    I hope all my friends here see some improvement!

Mary

Attached Files:

Nick Majerus, gudel, tbolt7 and 2 others like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    You're improving with every figure Mary. The weathering looks very effective, especially the work on the shield. I like the way you've concentrated it where it would be in contact with the oponent.
    Carl.(y)
  3. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I agree with Carl.

Nicely posed figure with good paint work. Keep it going you are getting better all the time(y)
  4. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mary very nicely done I especially like the weathering and work on the shield. (y)

Cheers Ken
  5. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Coming on Mary!

The optivisor doesn't suit every one, you may consider Plus three clip on lenses
    over reading glasses if you have them, that way you can look over them to pick up things on your bench, with the optivisor you will have to keep taking it off
    as there is not much peripheral vision if any, and most stuff will be out of focus
    at arms length " spills come to mind"

Ron
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice work Mary.
    As long you are satisfied it is perfect. You have the hang for painting figures so do it.
    With every figure it's gonna be tougher because the latter is every figure higher for yourself.

Marc
  7. Mariner Active Member

Canada
    Believe me, the improvement is thanks to all of you. It's the toughest, but most enjoyable artistic venture I've ever tried.
    Ron, I do wear glasses, bifocals and I have to take them off to paint; can't see small things up close with them. Much as I hate the thought of wearing an Optivisor, it might be the only solution. Not worth ruining my eyes, for sure.
  8. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    This is your best to date Mary,can see improvement in each new figure.(y)

Cheers David
  9. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Please forgive me I have never commented on your previous work, as I have'nt logged on PF as frequent as usual, due to unforseen hiccups :cautious:

A very nice painting job indeed Mary, keep them rolling (y)

Ray ;)
  10. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Nice job Mary... Each piece will get better, practice, practice and more practice:whistle:. Like anything else, the day you stop learning is the day you may as well stop doing it.
    I don't normally wear glasses but I found wearing 2x reading glasses while I paint acts like a magnifier.

Keep on keepin' on

Colin
  11. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    looks good and you have all the right ideas for weathering.
    As the others say you're improving with every figure.
    Keep going.
    Gells.