1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Crow Warrior, 90mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I started on this figure right after it arrived and have not had much chance to work on it but decided to take today to further it's progress until some of the various committments are done.

I hope to see many more of this size produced by Quang to include all the tribes of the Native Americans.

Here is the Original Box Art Quang painted for his first 90mm figure.

[IMG]

Here is the main reference I shall be using for this figure.

[IMG]

And here are the steps I have taken it so far. The figure has been fleshed out and the principal garments have been base coated. The bead work has been base coated a medium gray which will be later dry-brushed up with white and the designs added.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

all comments / critiques are welcome.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Guy,

It is a great start on a great sculpted figure.

Marc
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the encouragement Marc. It is a great figure and I hope to see more of these from Quang.
  4. quang Active Member

Belgium
    I'm all eyes, Guy. ;)

The face looks promising already. Can't wait to see the rest.

Q. :)
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Quang. The photo I took of the face was right after I did the flesh and looks rather "wet" as compared to now. I talked to Bob Knee today by phone and he has just completed his and will be sending me photos to post in the planet soon.
  6. Bill Mayo New Member

That's a challenging project! Incredible reference. Look forward to the finished piece.
  7. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    I find Native American figures a real challenge with all the beadwork, but I love painting them! I'm a fan of PiliPili models so this one will probably be on my list later in the year.
    Thanks for sharing this Guy, I'm following your painting with interest!
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guy, Nice job so far. I'm curious to see how you'll handle the leggings. Quang did a nice job of getting the hang of the garments.~Gary
  9. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Guy,

that is a promising start in painting on a beatiuful sculpted Figure.

I´m looking forward to see how it all will come together.

The best wishes,
    Markus
  10. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy, another good start, looking forward to your next step. ;)

Guy, are you sure you don't have a little Indian in you? :lol: :lol: Painting Indians comes natural to you.

Cheers
    Roc.
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Roc,

Great Great Grandmother was White Mountain Apache........if that answers your question. :lol:
  12. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy, I kind of figured that, it is reflected in your work. ;)

You finally talked me into painting an Indian , which one do you recomend? ;)

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Sent you a pm Roc.