1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Crimean Survivor" - Sgt Bruse 11th Hussars

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Nap, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi to all ,

Following on from my WIP (link here: http://www.planetfigure.com/threads...m-mitches-military-models.55332/watch-confirm)..........
    on this very nice bust from Mitches Military Models (sculpted by my mate Jimbo) I thought I would get some pics on the forum .

Really enjoyed the painting ...interesting to see all the lacework come to life , all metallics are NMM

Painted in Acrylics (various including Jo Sonja , Vallejo, Andrea and GW as well as Reaper)

Base from Ron T also from PF and the name plate from Nameit .

Hope you enjoy looking

Nap

H1.jpg
    H2.jpg H5.jpg H3.jpg H4.jpg H7.jpg H6.jpg hhhhhhh.jpg
    Geoff Charman, MCPWilk, RFL and 3 others like this.
  2. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Kevin this piece is brilliant, may be your best yet?
    From the top....the cap band detail is so detailed and accurate it is a great compliment to Jim's sculpt.
    ........A real character face very nicely finished to give the rugged British Soldier at the Crimea look.
    ........I have already told you that the braiding is very realistic and for NMM it glows as if painted with metalics.
    ........You are the Grand Master of the medal and these two are perfectly painted for this piece and finish it off a real treat.
    Good work Mate.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  3. Nap A Fixture

England
    Keith ,

Thanks for the kind comments ...grandmaster ..definately not me ..just enjoying the hobby ...really did enjoy his one ...looks a lot better in real life ..honest !!

The next is always the "best" or should I say better but I learn new stuff everytime I pick up my 6" kolinsky brush!!!!! ...and when look at the amazing stuff on PF ...inspirational

Hope to see your version soon .........

MMM has some really nice stuff in his range of busts ...watch out for a review of something a little different ..but no medals though ...yet!!!!

Thanks for all the support

Nap
  4. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Kev, Well done mate you've done a cracking good job on this one, very striking paint job.
    Cheers
    Jim
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Good work Kevin.
    I suggest you look again to the eyes.
    The pupils are not equaal in size, and yes I know it is a great task.

Marc
  6. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Marc ,

Looking again at the normal view its a piccy thing I feel .........might rework the white of the eyes that would even them up ...the catchlight is very small as well .

thanks for the suggestion though all comments are welcome

Nap
  7. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That looks very nice Kevin ,interesting bust ,small question has he lost one arm or both:whistle::D

Seriously very nice the blue looks spot on .

Ron
  8. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Ron ,

Thanks for the comments , Sgt Bruse lost his Right arm only;) ...........after much investigation as a result of a sword cut .

Thanks for the comments about the Blue ..it was a bit of a mixing and washes session

Thanks for looking in

Nap
  9. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely finish Mr P.
    Carl.(y)
  10. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Mr B ,

Thanks for your comment

...and for looking in

Nap (Mr P)