1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Crewman for italian AC Fiat Ansaldo AB-611 (1/35th)

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by eppi, Jun 21, 2020.

1. eppi Active Member

Hi you Masters!

Here is another crewman to go with my scratch AB-611.
    (Here the AC commander: https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/wwii-italian-ac-commander-new-to-sculpting.235379/ )
    I like to start from "cheap and poor" plastic soldiers and try to make them ...nobler.
    This time I started from the crewman that comes together with the Zvezda M13/40.
    Actually, after dismembering and reassembly only the face remained.
    The posture is intentionally unbalanced because the fellow will be slightly leaning on the shoulder of his comrade (still to come).
    I know it's not the level of many of you masters but I do hope that it may be useful for those who need figures to go with armor models and depict a special situation.

Greetings!

equi_4_02.JPG equi_4.JPG equi_4_03.JPG 36_AO Peruch.jpg
    valiant and gforceman like this.
  2. eppi Active Member

Hi you all!
    A little step forward.
    Covered the plastic body with a slight layer of Greenstuff (it helps because it's sticky) and started to give a shape to the left trousers.
    I used some strips from .5 mm lead foil as a guide for the putty.
    Comments and hints very appreciated! ;)

IMG_4659.JPG IMG_4663.JPG
    valiant likes this.
  3. eppi Active Member

p.s.: can I change the thumbnail of the thread? I'd like to put the last pic ... ;)
    valiant likes this.
  4. eppi Active Member

Hi Gents!

Some steps forwards with this fellow(s).
    Almost nothing remained of the original plastic soldier, not even the head that I changed with an old verlinden.
    Some work still to do on both arms ...
    [IMG] [IMG]

This is his comrade (a model victoria "autiere" with some changes)

[IMG]

and here the two comrades together looking at something moving in the distance ...

[IMG] [IMG]

Any hint or comment is more than welcome. thanks for watching :)
    NeilW, Nap, Old Pete and 1 other person like this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Eppi

All credit to you for this both figures look good together , folds on clothing look good

Hope to see more on these

Happy sculpting

Nap
  6. eppi Active Member

Thanks Nap,
    I'm eager to see it finished but unlucky the time I can spend modeling is really few. :(
    Nap likes this.