1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Creole

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Joe Hudson, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys,

Just wanted to show you the finished Creole. I really had fun sculpting this figure and I would like to thank Gary again for such a Great idea! (y) I hope I did it justice Gary!

All comments welcomed. :)

Joe

Attached Files:

2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    next

Attached Files:

3. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    another one

Attached Files:

4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic work Joe...........everyone you do gets better than the last.....anxious to see the figure painted!!!
  5. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guy,

Thanks. I think he should be alot of fun to paint. I should post in the next few days the Sherlock.

Joe
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Joe, Very nice job. he's got a lot of character. I too can't wait to see him painted.~Gary
  7. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Great work Joe , another winner (y)
  8. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Joe!

Great job man! He looks super. Great to see him finished, and me too are looking forward to see him painted!! Whats next on the bench?
  9. poch mahone Active Member

Scotland
    Great work Joe, and an unusal subject too.
    I look forward to see it painted

Brian
  10. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Awesome Joe!!! Neat subject and a cool pose. Can't wait to see that face painted, lots of character.
  11. Patrick Kirk New Member

Joe,
    The charactor in his face is perfect...Great job! Like all the others, I can't wait to see him painted...are you going to use oils or acrylics?

All the best

Patrick
  12. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Terrific job Joe. Are you gonna have it done by Atlanta?
  13. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    a fine job Joe, sculpting and painting you got both Talents.

Robin
  14. Kreston Active Member

United-States
    Excellent work, Joe! Your sculptures just keep getting better and better.
  15. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for the kind words. I really enjoyed this figure and I am not sure what is next but I have a few ideas. It will be awhile before I get to the paint but I will have him in Atlanta. I was thinking of just putting him out for the display. I look forward to painting him as well but I don't want to rush him. I am almost finished with the Sherlock and need to finish one other before the show.

Patrick,

I will paint him like I usually do and that is the flesh will be in oils and the rest in acrylics.

Again thanks for the nice words and the encouragement! :)

Joe
  16. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Joe, that's great, can't wait to see him painted! (y)

I could imagine he's sitting at the banks of the Mississipi somewhere in the neighbourhood of New orleans... hope there aren't any 'gators too close by! :lol: :lol: :lol:
  17. quang Active Member

Belgium
    ...singin' 'Ole Man River'? :lol:
  18. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Great work Joe! (y)

Glad to here you'll have him in Atlanta. Can't wait to see him and you other projects. Lookin' forward to it! :)

-jim cox
  19. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Quang and Johan,

I think he would be singing the blue's if there was a gator near by! Johan, I think there may be some inspiration on groundwork! :lol:

Hey Jim,

I look forward to showing him to you and seeing what you bring.
  20. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Joe, I keep repeating it every time - "figure painters, include some wildlife in your groundwork"!

... Now suppose he'd be sitting on a barrel on some sort of wooden wharf on the muddy bank of the Mississipi ... under that wooden wharf (some sort of platform on supporting beams) would be a big mean hungry 'gator sliding into the water... it could be done you know! :lol: :lol: :lol: