1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Creating Hussar's Horse Blanket

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Zlobov*S, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Zlobov*S Active Member

A Pictoral step-by-step on creating the Horse Blanket for the Seil Miniature's Polish Winged Hussar soon to be released.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

** continued in next posting **
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
  4. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guy
    I am gobsmacked! this is model making at the highist level it really shows what a dedicate bunch these sculptures are All credit to them and long may they continue to bring us these little masterpieces
    Please pass on my congratulations to Sergey
    Cheers
    John and another for Santa to bring!
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very cool technique. I'm curious though, what is underneath the foil? If the foil is on a flat surface I do not see how the detail would register.~Gary
  6. Calvin Member

Ehm..., Guy..., could you please tell to that guy to post more and more and more and more, and if possible more and more sbs, please ?
  7. Calvin Member

He seems to use a block of balsa wood, this will keep the details, that way you get a perfect drawing on the foil, doing it directly on the balsa block will end in a mess, I think, too porous and too much veins on the wood.
  8. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    That's incredible craftsmanship! I would also love to see more SBS by Sergey!

All the best,
    Dan
  9. Zlobov*S Active Member

Hello dear.
    For me unexpectedness your attention to my night experiment! All has occured casually, I drank coffee at night and watched TV, the slice of a foil has come into the hands casually:).
    Drew the handle a little and... It became interesting, has continued a needle - that that has turned out. To draw on a foil it is possible a needle, but is better both of the end to round off a little - then will not tear a foil. Under a foil I enclosed one or two leaves of a usual paper for the printer.
    The more softly below - the more deeply and more thickly there is a trace. It is possible to draw and on a firm surface the usual handle - then there will be a thick trace. At once behind experiment with a body cloth for a horse it wanted to me to try to make the FLAG with figure from two parties on this technology. At me it has turned out not bad;-). I shall send still more some photos where it is well visible how to make a flag with figures.
    Thanks for participation and attention, I hope to you the following step of my know-how is pleasant;-)
    Yours faithfully, Sergey.
  10. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Sergey,
    fantastic work! A skill more closely related to drawing than sculpting, you are a man of great tallent! Keep showing us more!

Jay H.
    OKC
  11. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Sergey,
    Just Beautiful
    Cheers.
    John
  12. derseemann New Member

I'd say this man has some skills ;)
  13. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Just speechless...

Cheers,
    Markus

:) :) :)
  14. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Sergey, Thanks you for the explanation. This technique has several possibilities.~Gary