1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Crazy Rebel

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by homellop, Jan 23, 2005.

1. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi Folks
    I'm honoured to put some paint over this original sculpt from Anders' hands.
    Hope you like it.
    Do you think the face's expression is too exagerate?
    He will be jumping over a creek
    I'll put a lot of tall grass on the ground to hide the pin.
    cheers
    jaume

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. johnnyboy New Member

jaume looks real good. i cant wait till the base is done also.keep those pics comming man,you are such an inspiration i always feel like painting after i see your posts thanks bro take care johnny
  3. mikec55 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Jaume,

I don't think the face is too exagerated. I'm sure if I was in a life & death battle situation, I'd look kinda like that but probably running in the opposite direction. Looking forward to your finished product.

Mike
  4. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    The face expresion and the flesh tones looks very nice, but I think that the eyes are a little big, It's my only observation....

ER
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looks Sweet bro! Looking forward to see you make it look like a good figure :
  6. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jaume,

Great looking face. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

Joe
  7. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks great, Jaume! As usual :)
  8. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    well i think there is a super nice work on the face. i might consider the eyes a bit bigger than usual , but if u re chased u ll spread them wide open !!!!!! very nice flesh work . almost theatricl , i love it
  9. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jaume..I think you captured the urgency very well in his expression...really nice work so far...good luck with the rest of this little character..

Roy.
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Jaume,

If i had to run for my life, and had to jump again, maybe i looked like Marty Feldman ;)
    I think you did a great job on the face as always. For me you catched the moment.

Keep posting and impressing me.

Marc
  11. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Gorgeous work jaume, Dood next time I see you at Euro expect a long question and answer session.

I will be ebringing notebook and pencil( maybe even two of each :) )

Robin
  12. lbfactory Well-Known Member

France
    hi Jaume
    very impressive work on this face he looks very frigtened this rebel :eek:
    for me the eyes seems to be just a little bit to large but may be i'm wrong.
    I can't wait to see it finished. ;)
    Laurent
  13. Marijn Van Gils New Member

Hello Jaume,

very promising!
    I agree on the comments about the eyes, but the expression is certainly there!

Usually you highlight the jaw less than you did on this figure. Maybe the strong highlight here, together with a lot of contrast in the skin-folds in the neck gives you the feeling that the face is exagerated?
    Looks great to me though!

Best wishes,

Marijn
  14. y_wong New Member

Dear Jaume,

The face is very well painted, as usual. Looking forward to the rest.

regards :)
  15. Patrick Kirk New Member

Jaume,
    I think the face looks awesome; you captured the passion of the moment superbly! Can't wait to see this guy finished.

All the best

Patrick
  16. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi
    Finally I repainted the eyes.I loved the crazy expression but they looked too big.
    I've started painting the shirt too.I've painted only the front to check out the colours.
    Tomorrow more updates.
    cheers
    jaume

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  17. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    That is just awesome!! The colors are perfectly subdued. Great work my friend!
  18. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Awesome work so far Jaume. I was waiting for this piece to get alive. Keep up the good work man.
  19. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hey fantastic work Jaume...he's looking great, the shirt is marvellous...like anders says, perfectly subdued ----> (y)(y) <----
  20. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Jaume, your painting style is superb and is showing off this figure to great effect.