1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Cpl Imperial Garde1811

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Waterman, May 30, 2014.

1. Waterman Active Member

I was asked the other day on here, was I a painter, or a Troll, and then a demand for me to show my work. Well I am neither . I have never presented my work untill now, because I know that it is not up there with the painting standards of today. I paint for my own personal pleasure only,and at the age of 71, I am now more into model engineering on a semi professional basis.
    But to clarify the demand I have shown a large scale Cpl of Grenadiers, Imperial Garde 1811 . The figure stands 16 inches high, and was my first attempt at acrylics. I thought after that I should stick with oils. It was painted the normal way ie with brushes, but again, I should have used an airbrush, I think that I would have got a much better result. Well there you are, take it or leave it, but the pleasure and final result was for me alone. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Nothing wrong with that. And no one should ever feel forced to post their work to establish their credentials to take part on this site. You've been here a long time and it's nice to see your work.

Colin
    ChaosCossack and Gra30 like this.
  3. Waterman Active Member

Thank you for your kind words Colin. I don't normally bow to demands but this time I made an exception.
    ChaosCossack and crf like this.
  4. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Lovely, clean work.
  5. Waterman Active Member

Thank you Steve for your kind words.
  6. JonH Active Member

That's a smashing looking figure and ,please sir,can we have some more?
    Jon
    Waterman likes this.
  7. moz A Fixture

England
    Nice job!!, you painted it sideways(y)
    ChaosCossack, Waterman and housecarl like this.
  8. YDGIN Active Member

Russian-Federation
    So it will be easier to watch.

Attached Files:

Blind Pew, ChaosCossack and Waterman like this.
  9. YDGIN Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Nice job!
    Waterman likes this.
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Nice and very clean and crispy painted.
    Nothing to shame for.

Marc
    Waterman likes this.
  11. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I'm sorry that some idiot made you feel compelled to show your work, I hope they are now eating humble pie because there is nothing wrong with what you have shown here and a figure of this scale painted as nicely as this would grace any cabinet. Don't be shy about your work and I'm glad you have confronted the issue...well done on both counts(y)

Keith
    ChaosCossack, Gra30 and Waterman like this.
  12. Waterman Active Member

Thank you Keith , and to everyone who has been very generous to me with their compliments, that has proved to be an unexpected bonus. I am still learning from you Fellas though, some exceptional work gets posted on PF, which says to me how much further can these guys take it.
  13. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.
    Waterman likes this.
  14. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    I like your whites and nice painting.
    Cheers
    John
    Gra30 likes this.
  15. Waterman Active Member

Thank you John for your kind comments.
  16. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hats off for sharing this one Waterman. Looks nice crisp paintwork to me,
    please keep it up.
    Gordon
    Gra30 likes this.
  17. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Lovely work, extremely neat
  18. Waterman Active Member

Thank you Gorden and Paul, your kind words do mean a lot to me. I never realised I would get such a response as this as it was only put on to prove a point that I just do my own thing.
  19. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Mate we all do our own thing, some better than others, but hey thats what the hobbies about enjoying it. Keep painting and posting your pictures
    ChaosCossack, Gra30 and Waterman like this.
  20. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Nice looking piece... would like to see more from you.

Well done

Colin
    Waterman likes this.